4 Deck Mapping for Hercules RMX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 4 Deck Mapping for Hercules RMX

Hello, all. I know a lot of people here don't use the RMX, but for those of you that do and are too lazy to remap it for 4 decks yourself, here is what I use:

Cue, Play/Pause, Jog Wheels, volume and pitch faders, etc. all control their respective functions in traktor with deck a on the left and b on the right. If you press the Stop button on the right, the right side controlls deck D, and the same on the left with deck C. The play/pause, cue, volume and pitch faders, EQs, EQ kills, sync, beat lock, pitch reset, filter knobs (mapped to the gain knobs), and filter on/off buttons (mapped to source 1/2 buttons) and loop buttons (buttons 1, 2 and 3) as well as the Load Deck buttons are affected by this.

Switching a side of the controller to one of the secondary decks also switches to 4d view (if neither side is controlling a secondary deck, 2d mode is used) This was done because I have a /really/ small screen (I use a netbook) You'll probably want to disable this feature.

The |< >| buttons for each deck turn on the chained FX (in FX slot 1) and advanced FX (in slot 2) repectively, and are also swapped between Decks A/C and B/D. Pressing the Scratch button in the middle will let you control the effect paramaters in both slots with the EQ knobs (top is left, bottom is right), and buttons 4, 5, 6 on the left turn the separate chained effects (again, in slot 1) on and off. The right 4, 5, 6 buttons are used for the advanced FX (slot 2). 5 turns the effect on and off, while 4 and 6 scroll between the different effects.

The monitor mix knob does what it is labled as.

The arrow keys in the middle are used for a few different things. The up/down arrows turn snap and quatize mode (respectively) on and off. Right toggles full screen browse mode and acts as a modifier to let you scroll through your collection with both jog wheels.

The midi outputs aren't perfect yet, as the stop buttons don't light up, so the sync buttons on each deck light up when that side of the controller is controlling either deck c or d.

Oh, and the crossfader cross fades. Duh.

http://www.project-segfault.net/traktor/rmx_4_decks.tsi

Edit: Oh, and of course, any feedback is awesome, whether you try it out or just read my giant wall of text.
    Last edited by Segfault; 06-09-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: just 'cause

Nice one man. I recently got the Control Steel and have started to fiddle about with a 4 deck setup myself. I didn't think to use the stop button more as a modifier but now that i think about it it just makes sense! Definitely a time consuming process custom mapping a controller from scratch so good luck to you mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Good luck to me? I finished it, and it seems to work ok.

The file should work for the steel too, if you want to give it a try.

Tech Convert

Hi there mate..

the file seems to be down...any chance that you can post it to sendspace or to some other online space???

Tech Mentor

Hi there plei, it appears someone at my house turned off my server (again). Once they turn it back on, the file should be up, and I'll try to back it up somewhere else. I'm not currently at home, so I can't do it myself.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

thanks a lot!

Tech Convert

Server seems to give a 404 !

Tech Convert

Please disregard my last post...

i have got the file now but it doesnt work on mac.. is there any way to convert it to .tks??

or is it possible to use a button to toggle from midi channel 1 to midi channel 2 on the controller and load the default mapping again but modified for decks c and d..

Tech Mentor

I dunno about converting to .tks, but I'll look at it later. you may just be able to change the file extension and have it work, I think traktor uses a pretty basic xml language, regardless of platform.

There may be a way to toggle the midi channel, but it wouldn't be under traktor, it would be under the dj console driver software, and I don't really know how you would go about doing that.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I dunno about converting to .tks, but I'll look at it later. you may just be able to change the file extension and have it work, I think traktor uses a pretty basic xml language, regardless of platform.

There may be a way to toggle the midi channel, but it wouldn't be under traktor, it would be under the dj console driver software, and I don't really know how you would go about doing that.
    Changing the extension doesnt work, i have tried it already...the files looks different inside as well..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast