traktor s2 map and template for ableton
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default traktor s2 map and template for ableton

hi can does any body have a decent map and template for the tractor s2?
    i recently bought tractor s2 which i love the ardware but i think i prefer using ableton to dj.. i wanted to try and map the s2 to ableton then possibly add a launch pad or a apc20 for the launching out the clips..

can any body help?

Tech Mentor

I'm actually working on that same exact thing. I have an S2 and a launch pad. As of now i'm getting the mapping together. I'll probably be done in a couple of weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrimartel View Post
    I'm actually working on that same exact thing. I have an S2 and a launch pad. As of now i'm getting the mapping together. I'll probably be done in a couple of weeks though.
    can you post it up when your done?

i would of thought somebody else would of done it by now!! looks like in the mean time i had better give it ago..

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by gnique View Post
    can you post it up when your done?

i would of thought somebody else would of done it by now!! looks like in the mean time i had better give it ago..
    Yea, I was planning on uploading it. I was surprise too when i found out that there weren't any mappings. There's soooooo much potential there!

Tech Mentor

interesting, i was trying to get a user remote script for kontrol s4 together last weekend. but i hit some roadblocks. couldn't get blue hand to work with the kontrol s4 - have you had any luck with the s2?

I am going to try doing a mackie control mapping next, as it seems more robust than user remote scripts (unless you happen to know python, which i don't!!)

my main interest would be using the jogwheels to scrub thru audio. like, one for arrangement view, and one for editing samples/warping.

how is your mapping going henri?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by trux View Post
    interesting, i was trying to get a user remote script for kontrol s4 together last weekend. but i hit some roadblocks. couldn't get blue hand to work with the kontrol s4 - have you had any luck with the s2?

I am going to try doing a mackie control mapping next, as it seems more robust than user remote scripts (unless you happen to know python, which i don't!!)

my main interest would be using the jogwheels to scrub thru audio. like, one for arrangement view, and one for editing samples/warping.

how is your mapping going henri?
    I can't say that I know much about Ableton mapping (I've generally used it for production) but I've been figuring it out as I go; I'm not quite sure what remote script is though or python lol

So far I've been making good progress. I've managed to map effect states as well as mapping the jog wheels to, upon touch, activate and execute the selected complex effect chains. I've also managed to map most of the essentials of eq, filters, volumes, channel mutes, crossfade, etc.

I'm mainly creating this mapping for performance purposes focused on live mashups.

I'm experimenting with Dummy clips to maximize the mapping potential.

Tech Mentor

ok cool. remote script mapping is a different way of mapping as opposed to opening a project, selecting midi map, and connecting stuff.

if you map it by pressing 'midi' then it will only work in that file, or if you start from that project file. whereas a user remote script will work for all files, and all the time.

the remote script mapping works like a layer underneath, kind of how an apc operates. it also gives you the box around clips in the session view.

its also a PITA to set up :P

Tech Mentor

Snap!! that sounds like I could potentially do more when mapping my controllers! How could I access or map in remote script? Is there a link to how to do it?

Tech Mentor

yes, i'll give ya some links. i am kind of scared off from the python scripting side of it, but i would like to try a kontrol s4 mapping using this thing called selected track control:

http://stc.wiffbi.com/ or remapping to this chart: http://stc.wiffbi.com/midi-implementation-chart/

if you want to go down the slippery slope of coding your own: http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/
    and the live object model chart: http://cycling74.com/docs/max5/refpa...ect_model.html

custom scripts are put here: ~*user*/Library/Preferences/Ableton/*version*/User Remote Scripts/ and ableton includes a document there explaining how to make a simple (blue hand) one using the userconfiguration txt file.

i couldn't get the s4 to get blue hand tho... don't know why!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trux View Post
    if you map it by pressing 'midi' then it will only work in that file, or if you start from that project file. whereas a user remote script will work for all files, and all the time.
    That's why you save the mapped (and empty) file as a template. Ofc that is the noob way of doing it .

Edit: And I'd love to try out an S2 mapping for Ableton too.
    Last edited by snoemu5a; 08-27-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast