Need Help With My Set Up (I Am A Beginner!) - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee8980 View Post
    sorry it was about 3 am last night. What I meant was are the outputs and inputs RCA on the firebox ?
    Are you eventually going to ask us to pick out your track collection, and what order you should play the songs in?

the outputs are usin 1/4 plugs...juz get a couple of 1/4 adapters for your rca then your ready to go....
    Last edited by Chubbz; 07-15-2008 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Are you eventually going to ask us to pick out your track collection, and what order you should play the songs in?
    Vicious !

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    Vicious !
    I don't mean to be THAT much of a d!ck, but seriously...how can you expect to be taken seriously if you are asking questions about every single solitary little nuance when it comes to DJ'ing?

You're gonna need to do some experimentation, or at the very least take the advice from some people here...which is 'relax' and 'take it easy'.

All I gather from this guy's posts is he wants us to pick and choose and help him set up everything! He hasn't tried and failed or researched how to connect his VCI-100 to his Mini KP for outputs...if he did he would have realized that the VCI-100 connects to the computer and the Mini KP also connects to the computer.

I'd like to apologize for being aggravated, but come on now!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm in the same boat, Chilly. There are so many resources on the internet that explain this stuff, and it helps to know how it works yourself. I know I don't know everything and I'll ask questions that I could have figured out with 30 seconds of shutting-the-f&*!-up... but how can you DJ if you don't understand what you're using?

Jaycee, you seem like a nice guy but you need to slow down. You need to research what you're using, what you're doing, how it works and how to make it work better.

Tweakheadz is a GREAT resource for electronic music for beginners. You might not be producing music, or even writing music, but you should have an understanding of cables, connections, how the data transfers from the hard drive to the speakers. None of us have problems answering questions but you're asking us to build your set up for you, and it seems like you won't actually understand what you have when we're done.

That's not good for you at all. I'm just trying to look out for ya
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

You're correct man . It's gotten sort of old . What really scares me is these people who are attempting to go into the whole digital Djing thing with out any knowledge of the more traditional way of DJing or any urge to learn . Is they have less and less of a clue of where this art has came from . And they will have no concept of sitting on a track to let it self happen . rather they will noodle away on it and try to add to much much like guitar players of the 80's wanking away and soling through the whole song while the audience cringes .

Don't get me wrong I love DJing with my VCI and Macbook Pro and have been DJing with a laptop for 4 years now . But I feel my success as far as DJing has been due to my understanding of music brought about from DJing with vinyl .

I'm going to lay this out there...for those of you who know me from other forums you may agree or you may not:

I'm all for helping people out. Without a doubt. I bend over backwards in my community here to do what I can for others, and I think I accomplish this where I can on these online forums.

I do not know everything. I do not have all the answers. Nobody does. But you have to be able to show a little common sense when asking for help. You need to show that you've done at least some research or some trial and error. You need to intelligently explain your setup, your problem, etc...especially by using examples. You also need to post items in the correct forums (huge pet peeve of mine...not so much on this forum)!

These online communities are made for people to interact with each other. Other than Ean on here, I don't think anyone is actually paid to offer solutions or advice, etc (I only mentioned Ean because this is his forum). You have to take that into consideration when you post a question or anything of the like.

I can't sit here and help you build your complete solution. My views are different than everyone else's. I also don't want to do that. At all. I might as well just become you at this point. Following this line...when will the questions end? Do they end once you play your first gig? Probably not. Do you need me to pick out your entire collection and program your set (my sarcastic remark above)? God I hope not!

You need to 'discover' yourself when you're a new DJ or when you are delving into new technology such as midi controls. We are all the same, yet we are all totally unique. I understand that you may not know what to do when you first start out DJing...but there is a plethora of information on the internet that is available to you. Check out DJForums.com...I think they have a great section for beginning DJs! Just remember to keep telling yourself the following: "I can't be the first person to want to do xxxxxxxxxx...the information HAS to be somewhere!" And that leads you to research your thoughts!

My 'tough love' isn't meant to be rude...it's to help you out. "You can give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, or you can teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever."

I don't think you need to justify your response. The guy bought a $300 interface without even knowing what connectors it has, then asked a forum what it uses, when the Presonus site or any site that sells the unit has pictures galore.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I'm going to lay this out there...for those of you who know me from other forums you may agree or you may not:

I'm all for helping people out. Without a doubt. I bend over backwards in my community here to do what I can for others, and I think I accomplish this where I can on these online forums.

I do not know everything. I do not have all the answers. Nobody does. But you have to be able to show a little common sense when asking for help. You need to show that you've done at least some research or some trial and error. You need to intelligently explain your setup, your problem, etc...especially by using examples. You also need to post items in the correct forums (huge pet peeve of mine...not so much on this forum)!

These online communities are made for people to interact with each other. Other than Ean on here, I don't think anyone is actually paid to offer solutions or advice, etc (I only mentioned Ean because this is his forum). You have to take that into consideration when you post a question or anything of the like.

I can't sit here and help you build your complete solution. My views are different than everyone else's. I also don't want to do that. At all. I might as well just become you at this point. Following this line...when will the questions end? Do they end once you play your first gig? Probably not. Do you need me to pick out your entire collection and program your set (my sarcastic remark above)? God I hope not!

You need to 'discover' yourself when you're a new DJ or when you are delving into new technology such as midi controls. We are all the same, yet we are all totally unique. I understand that you may not know what to do when you first start out DJing...but there is a plethora of information on the internet that is available to you. Check out DJForums.com...I think they have a great section for beginning DJs! Just remember to keep telling yourself the following: "I can't be the first person to want to do xxxxxxxxxx...the information HAS to be somewhere!" And that leads you to research your thoughts!

My 'tough love' isn't meant to be rude...it's to help you out. "You can give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, or you can teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever."
    Very well put

Like i stated before my question had been answered before and it was late and I posted something in a misconstrued way. I am sorry.

I have seen the firebox's back and I realized that they werent conventional RCA i/o's, thats why I asked if they were RCA's by any chance or something different.

I have a summer job before I go off to prep school for Football and Basketball for my PG (Post-Graduated) year of high school. I am trying to get all the equipment before I leave for preseason.

I am sorry it upsets you guys that I am trying to get into live DJing?

I jumped into production when CDJ's were the thing. I figure why not get a jump on the next generation and here i came. You guys have helped me alot and I have learned alot.

I am getting a VCI-100 today, a Firebox next wednesday and I will be all set. Off I GO

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast