Alright guys, would like to know your idea about this innovative idea - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    That's not what I meant. My approach would be better summarised as 'give-reasonable-and-substantiated-criticism-leading-to-an-undoubtedly-better-result-so-that-the-producer-recognizes-you-really-know-what-you're-talking-about-and-might-see-it-as-a-good-investment-to-give-his-track-to-you-to-get-it-perfectly-mixed/mastered'
    Yes, in an ideal world it should happen. In reality it's scratching back marketing. If there's no material gain, then the feedback would be more realistic. Hence a social-driven review system me thinks would work better.

PopeofDope

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    +One more reason why reviewers could also be interested in some system like this is the following:
    If a reviewer working as a mixing/mastering engineer has helped one person several times and the criticism has always been very constructive and the person that was helped really feels to be on the same wave length with the reviewer he/she might consider handing over the reviewed or some future tracks to the reviewer for mixing/mastering purposes. So both would have benefitted from this in the end.
    Good one, added to my feature list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    You need revenue from someone to pay for the reviewers doing their work. Ads? Doubt you get any revenue, clients, only option.
    Again, please do not worry about the earnings. I got a big network of advertisers, so earnings won't be a problem at all!

PopeofDope

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Oh the 'scratch-your-back with fake-critique-so-I-get-customers' approach. Hmm. Doubt that will really help any aspiring EDM producers...

I would still recommend to look at the stackoverflow model. I.e. suggest a forum in their Area51 section to see how it flies.
    What exactly do you mean with the stackoverflow model?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PopeofDope View Post
    What exactly do you mean with the stackoverflow model?
    Stack Overflow is a computer programming question and answer site. Users ask and answer questions and earn reputation points for their participation. It's kind of like Digg or Yahoo Answers in that regard.

PopeofDope

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Stack Overflow is a computer programming question and answer site. Users ask and answer questions and earn reputation points for their participation. It's kind of like Digg or Yahoo Answers in that regard.
    Thanks for the explanation. Have you received my email btw? :-)

Tech Guru

This is the true power of the connected world. Cutting through the spam of as one poster said, people who know nothing about music, and people who think they know but they don't. I agree that the basic service should be free but you could charge for premium services such as a one to one Q&A sessions where producers can do a live video chat. I can't tell you how many times i've dreamt of getting to sit down with skilled producers and just pick their brains. This is the closest thing to making that a reality.

PopeofDope

rdej47 - nice to read your reply. The design and member panel has been finished today. Will not take that long to put the beta version online! :-)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    This is the true power of the connected world. Cutting through the spam of as one poster said, people who know nothing about music, and people who think they know but they don't. I agree that the basic service should be free but you could charge for premium services such as a one to one Q&A sessions where producers can do a live video chat. I can't tell you how many times i've dreamt of getting to sit down with skilled producers and just pick their brains. This is the closest thing to making that a reality.
    A buddy of mine and I have done a few Skype sessions with kids we know that are away at college. They wanted some basic mixing and DJ tips. Because of lag and latency it was pretty difficult, but this is how all business will be done 10 years from now.

And yeah @PopeofDope - got your email and replied

PopeofDope

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    A buddy of mine and I have done a few Skype sessions with kids we know that are away at college. They wanted some basic mixing and DJ tips. Because of lag and latency it was pretty difficult, but this is how all business will be done 10 years from now.

And yeah @PopeofDope - got your email and replied
    Cheers! I will reply you tomorrow with more information. For now: the cast, forum design and technique have been finished. In the next few weeks I will ask people for bugfixing and suggestions to improve this concept. If you would like to receive a sneak preview of this idea, hit the private message button :-)

PopeofDope

We are seeking for beta testers, feel free to shoot me an private message!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast