If I buy an X1 from somewhere other than NI website,or used, will I still get Traktor

Default If I buy an X1 from somewhere other than NI website,or used, will I still get Traktor

I'm running low on cash, and really want an X1, NI weskit has them for 230 whereas almost everywhere else has them for 200, and if I looked hard enough I'm sure I could find used/rebate for much lower than that.

On the NI site it says that the Kontrol X1 comes with Traktor 2.5, I need this also. Is this only when I buy form their site? Or could I buy it say used or from Guitar center, and then still redeem a download/copy of Traktor 2.5?

Thanks!

you will still get traktor 2.5 if you buy new from any retailer. ni's site says you have to register the copy of traktor le 2 that comes with some older x1 boxes and they will email on how to get the free upgrade to 2.5. you probably will need the serial from your x1 to accomplish this. i was able to get guitar center to price match $175 for an online deal. i did not, however, register my copy of le since i already had tsp 2.5. if you can, just try to find a newer box that comes with the proper software.

if you buy used you will have to make sure you will be able to register the software and see if the person selling it already did so. if they have it registered already, you will have to see if they can remove it from their account so you can use it.

when you buy a new one, you also get a voucher for $30 to go towards a case and maybe some other stuff, but have fun trying to get that. in order to get the voucher you have to register the x1 hardware, but they have a massive problem with registering these devices so you will get an error. then you have to contact customer service and they will try to talk you out of registering until you bother them enough for someone to send your fucking serial number to germany to have some asshole manually put it in the system 8 days later so you can register it. then they won't send you your voucher until you bother them 2 more times. i guess your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    you will still get traktor 2.5 if you buy new from any retailer. ni's site says you have to register the copy of traktor le 2 that comes with some older x1 boxes and they will email on how to get the free upgrade to 2.5. you probably will need the serial from your x1 to accomplish this. i was able to get guitar center to price match $175 for an online deal. i did not, however, register my copy of le since i already had tsp 2.5. if you can, just try to find a newer box that comes with the proper software.

if you buy used you will have to make sure you will be able to register the software and see if the person selling it already did so. if they have it registered already, you will have to see if they can remove it from their account so you can use it.

when you buy a new one, you also get a voucher for $30 to go towards a case and maybe some other stuff, but have fun trying to get that. in order to get the voucher you have to register the x1 hardware, but they have a massive problem with registering these devices so you will get an error. then you have to contact customer service and they will try to talk you out of registering until you bother them enough for someone to send your fucking serial number to germany to have some asshole manually put it in the system 8 days later so you can register it. then they won't send you your voucher until you bother them 2 more times. i guess your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.
    0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    0_0
    (o_0)
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

just try to find a newer box that comes with the proper software.

Tech Mentor

As the others said, the software will always be included if you buy new. Be it in form of the LE version you have to upgrade, or the proper version right away.

Different story when you buy used, though..

Just buying the X1 used doesn't mean you get Traktor automatically. If the previous owner already registered the software and wants to keep using it, it will be simply impossible for you to get the software.

In order to get the software you have to find someone, who is not just selling his X1, but also the copy of Traktor that came with it, including the license number. That person then has to write an email to NI customer support to de-register the software as well as the hardware (if he had it registered). This absolutely has to be done by the previous owner, as NI definetly won't delete any registrations of a user if someone else asks for it.. Keep in mind that some people might become a little 'lazy' when it comes to doing this once they got their money, as it means some extra effort for them wihtout any further benefit...

I think your best option is to try find the cheapest possible offer for a new one. This way you not only make sure you get the software but also get full warranty for your controller, which might come in handy if you should have any problems with the controller later.