Can you use 2 MF Classics with Instant. Grat independant of each other?
    Tech Wizard

Default Can you use 2 MF Classics with Instant. Grat independant of each other?

Hi all,

So I just picked up two midifighters for $150 (win!) and want to set them up with the instant grat. mapping - but independent of each other.

I have them setup at the moment and are working, however I can't use the same effect on both decks without it interfering with the other deck.

Example, I want to hit echo freeze on both deck A and B, however I can only make it work for the Deck A controller, if I press it on the Deck B controller it takes it off Deck A and just applies it to B.

Can anyone help me out? Hopefully I have made myself clear.

Banned

Not even close. this would require a MASSIVE remapping.

Also there are a number of things that just wouldn't be possible to control independantly, because of being limited by only having four FX decks.

Tech Mentor

I think this is what you are looking for;

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...hlight=mapping

I use 2 midi fighters deckalized on A&B with the instant grat mapping. This allows you to run the effects on the 'slave' deck rather than the master deck which is more subtle, and for me works better than running effects on the main track.

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys. I think I've found a better use for them, one is loaded with the instant grat. mapping; the other my own cueing/beat juggling mapping.

Thanks for the input nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by crckrs View Post
    Thanks guys. I think I've found a better use for them, one is loaded with the instant grat. mapping; the other my own cueing/beat juggling mapping.

Thanks for the input nonetheless!
    I was going to suggest this to you as it is kind of what I'm dreaming about constantly. http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=30873 I'm pretty nuts over the combined deckalized and instant gratification mapping if you wanted to mess with having effects on both and cue points, even if you can't echo freeze both decks.