Mixing Music for a school Dance.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    If the transition is done right, I feel it could work. I would do it as a build up. Get a small loop, bring up the tempo and the pitch to the desired speed, then leave the kick at that tempo and continue raising the pitch.
    Ever tried it with crowd? Curious.

Yep, at a sweet 16 once. The girl asked for the weirdest selection of music, ranging from Top 40 to spanish music to dubstep. I practised the transition for a while before doing the gig, to make sure I had it down but this is basically what I did:

It was a spanish song into Party rock anthem (96 bpm to 128 bpm). The spanish song had the following phrase, and I looped the brackets, "Por que (paso paso)" Then I brought the tempo up and used the transpose stretch effect. At 128 I started using the armyofme sweep effect except I made the tail on the reverb tail longer, and then I froze it after building up. Party rock anthem started with the chords.

It worked well for me because they were familiar with both songs, so when the loop of the first song was going they were all singing along with it.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Yep, at a sweet 16 once. The girl asked for the weirdest selection of music, ranging from Top 40 to spanish music to dubstep. I practised the transition for a while before doing the gig, to make sure I had it down but this is basically what I did:

It was a spanish song into Party rock anthem (96 bpm to 128 bpm). The spanish song had the following phrase, and I looped the brackets, "Por que (paso paso)" Then I brought the tempo up and used the transpose stretch effect. At 128 I started using the armyofme sweep effect except I made the tail on the reverb tail longer, and then I froze it after building up. Party rock anthem started with the chords.

It worked well for me because they were familiar with both songs, so when the loop of the first song was going they were all singing along with it.
    Question, after you built up the reverb and froze it, you just dropped party rock? Or you were beatmatching it along with the tempo raise on that reggueton?

Long time ago I did similar experiments raising BPM 20 steps or more between transitions with drum beats on both tracks, was not a pretty sigh. Learned a lesson or two from that.

However, if you use a freeze reverb (which I suggested early on) with no tempo around, filter, and kick the next thing in, that should be fine.

This is the best way. I know it's TRAKTOR NOT ABLETON. I am sure you can figure out how to do it it Ableton.

>

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    Question, after you built up the reverb and froze it, you just dropped party rock? Or you were beatmatching it along with the tempo raise on that reggueton?
    I just dropped it, because if you start playing the second song after you freeze the first track, the sweep has a delay on fx slot 3, and the phase of the delay will sync up with whatever song is playing, so it sounds much smoother. It's a nice little thing built into Traktor. If you'd like I can do a little mix of it now to illustrate, but it'll be a rough mix with the keyboard because I sold my S4

I just dropped it, because if you start playing the second song after you freeze the first track, the sweep has a delay on fx slot 3, and the phase of the delay will sync up with whatever song is playing, so it sounds much smoother. It's a nice little thing built into Traktor. If you'd like I can do a little mix of it now to illustrate, but it'll be a rough mix with the keyboard because I sold my S4
    I'd love to hear it. (Not being sarcastic)
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    I'd love to hear it. (Not being sarcastic)
    Samee

Here's the example, I'll try the one with Bangarang too

Tech Guru

So if you know your way around Ableton, you could always premake a transition like this one:

http://www.clubedits.com/product.php?productid=21322

But I'd venture to say that if you're playing those two tracks back to back nobody at that dance will notice a sloppy transition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast