Mixing Music for a school Dance..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mixing Music for a school Dance..

Hey guys, today i was asked by my friends to make a mix for a school dance or showoff idk how to call it, well i'm stuck in transitioning between Skrillex - Bangarang to Chris Brown - Turn up the music, what techniques do people use to do this? it's 110 BPM and 130 BPM and you know that it can be a mix, it must be like a cut from one to another but since it's such a drastic change idk what to do, any opinions?

I'm doing it in ableton and i know my way around it..so you can go straight into the technical terms :P

Big BPM changes means a more abrupt transition. Use a non-drum sequence, crank up reverb and filter out the first track and let the other one start. Or millions of similar transition ideas.

Tech Wizard

The way I do it, is find a song with a build up, and as soon as the slower song is ending cut the low n it and begin raising the bpm while fading in/out both of the songs.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

Problem is songs have already been chosen, so i can't decide what to use to suit my transition better..

Tech Wizard

You could always you use a delay and raise the bpm and play the other song. Maybe use a beat repeat, set on 1 bar?
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

Loop a section of bangarang and keep making it faster until the bpm matches with the chris brown tune. Then drop the chris brown into the loop and slowly fade out skrillex.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

I usually do really sick mashups in ableton, but i'm not used to this song cuts straight into other genres, I don't even like Chris Brown or this top 40 style of music..

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    Loop a section of bangarang and keep making it faster until the bpm matches with the chris brown tune. Then drop the chris brown into the loop and slowly fade out skrillex.
    I would like to see the dance crowd when the BPM increases 20 values in a minute...

http://soundcloud.com/martinsolveig/...gs-radio-smash I Would like something like what happens at 46:20, where he slows both songs and then drops skrillex in for the kill...Any effect vst to reproduce this?

I got Effectrix, it's got a vinyl stop, but the effect there it's like affecting both songs and slowly bringing one out of the vinyl stop..
    Last edited by JulianVeloso; 07-23-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I would like to see the dance crowd when the BPM increases 20 values in a minute...
    If the transition is done right, I feel it could work. I would do it as a build up. Get a small loop, bring up the tempo and the pitch to the desired speed, then leave the kick at that tempo and continue raising the pitch.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast