'Grown-up' controller for Traktor Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hm, this I wouldn't be able to tell you. I figure it depends on what kind of adaptor you get. I never use firewire, but I know these adapters exist.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

i've a pcmcia to firewire adaptor with m-audio audiophile and it DOES need it's power supply connected.

how about an eks otus?
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

DJTT VCI-100 arcade button edition controller !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    DJTT VCI-100 arcade button edition controller !!!
    +1000 It really is off the hook.

Had a play with a 'standard' VCI 100 at a mini festie thing I was at this weekend - beats the shit out of my behringer box ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

Default Upgrade the controller VS Switch to turntables

I'm using the BCD2000 for about 3 years now, and I'm also spin mostly non-electronic (funk / groove / hip hop / ska and so on).

I'm actually having the same dillema: to upgrade my controller (to VCI100 or Reloop Digital Jockey) and use a better sound card or to switch to turntables with Traktor Scracth.

What do you think?
    D630 Dell Laptop | Win XP | BCD2000 | Traktor 3.2.2 | Traktor Pro 1.2.6 | Seagate FreeAgent HD 300GB | Kaoss Pad 3 | Audio 2 DJ

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

They are completely different beasts. I started on Final Scratch to keep the feel of vinyl, but once I got a VCI-100 a whole work of possibilities opened up to me. First and foremost, I can carry the whole rig in a backpack.

Turntables have advantages, but really, I think the main reason people are drawn to them is the "look". I am more of a utilitarian person, and find the overarching ability and tools that the controllers give me MUCH more advantageous than the style of spinning vinyl (DISCLAIMER: I am not saying that all vinyl DJs are only vinyl DJs for the look. This is a personal opinion of some, if not many, DJs who use vinyl and look down on controllerists).

Although, you can always get the Audio8 and the VCI, and if you can find a cheap pair of Technics or some sort of decks you can give those a shot. It's an expensive "end-game" solution but can work out in your favor.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I actually started DJing on Technics and I like the feel (it was about 8 years ago), but then I switched completely to laptop + controller.

Something missing for me right now in my current setup. Most of the music I spin is from the 60s-70s, so playing it using plastic controller feels wrong.

I would also like to hear from the people who made the move from Technics to VCI100.

Peace.
    D630 Dell Laptop | Win XP | BCD2000 | Traktor 3.2.2 | Traktor Pro 1.2.6 | Seagate FreeAgent HD 300GB | Kaoss Pad 3 | Audio 2 DJ

I've never had a vinyl background, so buying decks and going down the Serato/Traktor Scratch Route seemed totally counter intuitive - the only thing that tempted me was until recently it seemed that if you wanted to scratch, you needed vinyl. I reckon if you can get the latency of your ASIO drivers down low enough a decent controller should allow you to do anything a deck can do, and a shedload of stuff besides.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast