Ditching my V7's, getting Numark 4trak - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    If youre stripping out RCA jacks, being "user replaceable" isn't going to help you. You're doing something wrong.

The NS6/4trak buttons feel like ass next to the V7's, hard plastic with no throw.

The S4 is one of the most well thought out Traktor controllers on the market. It was designed and built by NI. Staring at pictures of it doesn't give you an accurate reference for that. I really don't understand the market for the 4trak while the S4 exists. Metal case aside, virtually every control on the thing feels terrible (plastic stems and scratchy faders), definitely a league below the S series.

Youre not going to be doing any meaningful scratching on a tiny jogwheel.
    Yes I was doing something wrong. I let musicians friend sell me "premium cables" that were a bit tight. While very carefully trying to pull the cable straight out because it felt stuck on the whole jack came out. Helped me realize that a $2 part was getting the most use out of anything on the whole machine and that doesn't make me happy. I understand all the other controllers probably have similar rca jacks but I won't be using them. I will be using a trs or an xlr jack to connect to my crossover. Something designed to be used repeatedly.
    Last edited by Entheos406; 07-26-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Tech Mentor

BTW, was totally just about to get an S4 as my next big purchase when I thought I was still keeping my V7s. I didn't know what the VCI 400 was and hadn't seen the 4 trak either. It was a very simple decision at that point, S4 all the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12