OSX Mountain Lion is now out! Post your results with various digital DJ programs - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Is everyone using the beta drivers or is the Audio8 working fine on a fresh install?
    I have a mid 2009 Macbook Unibody running Traktor 2.5.1 with an Audio 8 and I had to use the beta driver. Using old drivers resulted in unusable output, sounding a bit like a very distorted flanger. I had no issues with the beta driver (played around 3 hours with it) and couldn't notice any differences regarding sound quality and latency. Hope this helps!

2012 13" Macbook Pro with USB 3.0, Serato 2.4, and Rane 57 seems to be working fine. Seems to be very little lag when connecting when disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable.
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Student

Hey guys!

After much fighting with the issue I finally found a solution that works for me. (Maybe it will work for you too! )

For reference, I'm on a late 2011 MBP 15"

First, I went to the NI website and downloaded the Mac OSX Uninstaller Utility that's located under the "Utilities" section here: http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=freeupdates

I went ahead and installed that and then uninstalled any useless NI drivers I might have had, but I also uninstalled my Audio 2 which is what I use. Not sure if this works for the other boxes.

Once I uninstalled my old drivers, I installed the beta driver provided by NI on that same page for my hardware. Install, restart, and hopefully it works!

Hope this was at least a little help!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Ableton seems to be working like a champ so I'm happy.

The only real issue i've had so far is not being able to pause App Store Software updates which kinda sucks seeing as I had 2.6 gigs of updates to download (Aperture, iWork, iPhoto, iMovie). Force quit of course quits the app completely but you any of the file that was already downloaded. No really big deal on a decent connection but not everyone has a 10mb DSL line. I hope its sorted by 10.8.1

Bug Methinks

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    There is some kind of beta driver out now from NI:

Dear Native Instruments user,

This newsletter provides important information about the compatibility of Native Instruments hardware products with MacOS 10.8, as well as with the current-generation MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models equipped with USB 3.0 ports.

Due to USB audio driver issues present in recent versions of OSX, some NI products will experience a degraded audio signal when used with OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" on any Apple hardware. The same issue occurs with the current-generation MacBooks under 10.7 using USB 3.0. Specifically, the following NI products are affected:

AUDIO 2 DJ / AUDIO 4 DJ / AUDIO 8 DJ
    AUDIO KONTROL 1
    GUITAR RIG MOBILE
    GUITAR RIG SESSION
    KORE 1
    RIG KONTROL 2 / RIG KONTROL 3
    TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
    TRAKTOR KONTROL S4

Native Instruments has provided beta drivers* for these hardware devices to make them fully compatible with the newest Apple technologies. If you own one of the affected devices and run the latest MacOS version 10.8, or have a MacBook with USB 3.0, you can download and install the beta drivers from our unprotected drivers and updates page....

Best regards,

The Native Instruments team
    I guess I should be okay with a VCI-400 EGE and TP 2.1.3?
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    There is some kind of beta driver out now from NI:

Dear Native Instruments user,

This newsletter provides important information about the compatibility of Native Instruments hardware products with MacOS 10.8, as well as with the current-generation MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models equipped with USB 3.0 ports.

Due to USB audio driver issues present in recent versions of OSX, some NI products will experience a degraded audio signal when used with OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" on any Apple hardware. The same issue occurs with the current-generation MacBooks under 10.7 using USB 3.0. Specifically, the following NI products are affected:

AUDIO 2 DJ / AUDIO 4 DJ / AUDIO 8 DJ
    AUDIO KONTROL 1
    GUITAR RIG MOBILE
    GUITAR RIG SESSION
    KORE 1
    RIG KONTROL 2 / RIG KONTROL 3
    TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
    TRAKTOR KONTROL S4

Native Instruments has provided beta drivers* for these hardware devices to make them fully compatible with the newest Apple technologies. If you own one of the affected devices and run the latest MacOS version 10.8, or have a MacBook with USB 3.0, you can download and install the beta drivers from our unprotected drivers and updates page....

Best regards,

The Native Instruments team
    Thanks for the heads up on this...I never received the email and when I finally got around to updating my OS and then Traktor all I got was garbled noise. This fixed everything.
    nope.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456