Get help setting up the packs - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That doesn't sound right. sweet setup btw. I would hop on a call tomorrow with tech support and let them know whats going on. If you're mf3d isn't working right we'll totally get you a new one.
    in the lab while you sleep making dreams that go bleep

soundcloud.com/mad-zach
    follow me @madzach1
    http://www.madzach.com

which pack? Not all of them have assignments for the knobs, sometimes I spend all my time making the sounds fat, or sometimes I make a bunch of crazy modifiers instead. Do you have track and remote both set to on for your midi input in live?

soundcloud.com/mad-zach
    follow me @madzach1

Tech Student

Thanks! I figured I was doing something wrong, but the tech support guys said the same thing and told me to talk to you so I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what to do from there. Thanks again! I'm still learning but I am anxious to figure out a way to really get everything I have set up the most effective way possible. Plus I still have a lot to learn about ableton, but your tutorials are really helping. Thanks again

Hi there!

I've started playing with some of your sound packs and I'm looking for a good way to move around the drum rack. It seems like there are two full racks, but I can't get Ableton to select them completely. EX: of the 8 rows, it defaults at the bottom 4x4, and if I move the square up, it has the top row of that first set I was on at the bottom of my cue master instead of having the full 4x4 at the top of the drum rack filling the four rows on the mfp.

Also - I only found one mapping on the site for ableton and the MFP-cue master. Using the one from the site, only the fourth page has access to the drum rack - is there a different one that someone prefers to use or some such?

Tech Wizard

Default Midi Fighter Classic

Quote Originally Posted by nightcorex View Post
    What effect would using a 3D have on the pack's functionality? Most of the midi assignments on each pack don't seem to function right (if at all), could not using a Pro have somethign to do with this?
    What would you suggest if one were to try to use the Mad Zach Ableton Mad Zach 3D Mapping on a classic? What sorts of changes would I have to make in order to get it to work?

I actually tried to do that based on info on another thread and a really helpful video however none of the maps seemed to work at all. What do y'all think?

Tech Convert

Could you possibly make a tutorial video on how to set up the MF3D with Ableton for a complete noob or at least explain it? I feel like there's quite a few of us from Christmas that are roaming around the internet not being able to find one. I'm one of those people and I haven't had much experience whatsoever with Ableton.

I tried to use one of the pre-maps Mad Zach made a tutorial about, but it required me to have the Operator sound pack which I can't afford right now. I've been looking around the internet for some free packs and maps to use. The only thing I've been able to come across that isn't diving into extremely technical things I have no idea about is NI's Massive, which I can't figure out either. Apparently the tutorial scene hasn't been hit up too much for making EDM!

I really like your tutorials by the way, they're very easy to follow and straight to the point.

-Ekx
    Last edited by Ekx; 12-26-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Good job with all of this.

Tech Convert

Scratch that. Got the MF3D connected to Ableton and I ended up buying your Soundpack, but I'm not completely sure how that works yet. I noticed I also had a bunch of Operator sounds in Ableton now, so I went ahead and downloaded and installed the Ableton Template you use on the DJTT website.

Now, my question is, I followed all of your instructions and set up the template correctly, but I'm missing two sounds, and I'm not getting any sound through my speakers. I've tried updating my sound drivers but it seems they're up to date. When I go through the help menu to configure my audio settings, I get stuck on the 4th page because I don't have a drop box for Audio Input Device, or Audio Output Device. The help menu told me that I probably need to update my sound drivers, but like I said they seem to be up to date.

Any ideas?

Hey, what computer and OS are you on? Do you have Ableton working correctly otherwise? Is your question how to set up the 3D or how to set up Ableton? You should just be able to install one of the live packs in the volume 1 (formerly known as the box set) and then open the project, hit buttons, and hear sounds (if your audio and midi are set up properly). Make sure track and remote are set to "on." Just use the built in sound card for trouble shooting preferences

soundcloud.com/mad-zach
    follow me @madzach1

Tech Convert

I'm running Windows 7 (Not genuine so I don't get automatic updates). I have Ableton working correctly other than the fact I get no sound.

I've got MME/DirectX and ASIO for Driver Types. When I have MME/DirectX selected, there is "No Input" for Audio Input Device, and I can't change it. I figured this would be where the MF3D or my Akai LPK25 would be listed, but they're not. When I select ASIO, the only drop down box that shows up is "Audio Device" and it's ASIO4ALL v2. I can attach a screenshot if you'd like, just let me know.

I opened up the box set that I downloaded, and it's a bunch of different "Week"s, I imported the Old Space Dub Tripper into Ableton, and the only thing it did was make a new Audio or Midi bar with it's name up top, nothing else. Was a little confused by this.

Track and Remote are both on for my MF3D and my Akai LPK25, Although under Midi Ports where it says Input: Midi Fighter 3D, it's in orange when the LPK25 is in black like everything else. I also have both of them as "Input" only in the MIDI/Sync section of Ableton, no Output or Control Surface. Could that be a problem as well?

Sorry if I'm asking really redundant questions, I'm completely new to this and trying to learn. Thank you so much for your help though, it's extremely appreciated.

Tech Convert

I got some sound from my LPK25! I've got your Ableton Template loaded and I changed my sound to MME/DirectX and hit the first two keys (perculate and drums) and I got some sound. Now to figure out the MF3D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast