Laptops for Music software and DJ'ing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Laptops for Music software and DJ'ing

I'm looking for a Mid Ranged priced laptop for running DJ Equipment and software off.

Im running a setup using the machine and tracktor software and hardware, S4,X1 AND MACHINE MIKRO ( not the pioneer like in the video)

The Laptop in the video (Studio XPS) seems and sounds decent enough to run everything so what i am looking for is something similar or better for around £600 I haven't been up-to to date with the latest computer tech since windows xp ,I want something to run all the above with ease , im currently experiencing lots of audio drop outs, crashing software and over heating with my laptop at the moments.

Its a compaq presario CQ61 Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 2.2GHz Memory: 4GB HD Capacity: 320GB Display: 15.6" Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD Optical Drive: DVD-SM Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55167 (my home setup)

Thanks Very much

Tech Guru

Macs are obviously the major player in the DJ industry but that's out of your price range I assume. I'm not big on specs of computers but I know you want them to be reliable and I'd say Sony VAIO is the peg down from a Mac. Love mine.

Tech Mentor

If I could get any laptop for ~$1K USD, I'd look for a used Dell Precision M4600. I've experimented with a lot of laptops and have always been really impressed with the Precisions, and would pick them over the MacBook Pros any day. The i-series processors are all rock-solid with Traktor, and the Precisions have better screens, better build quality, more features, and way better graphics.

Tech Wizard

I will not touch a mac , no matter how much everyone else uses them, i like to be able to go into the settings and change everything hardware and software i dont want ot do that with a mac.

The guy in the film is using a dell xps studio

I have been looking at some acer's in my local pc world , the guy said one of the latest should run it quite good. But which one ?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-l...FcYmtAodVUcAWg

Asus do the job perfectly for me since awhile. Their cheaper serie (K) is still pretty decent (K53E-QS52 by example). You want an I5 (or higher) 4Gig of ram (or more) and a big storage HDD.

First you want to make sure you can deal with 1366x768 resolution (which is the most popular resolution on cheaper models).
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Asus do the job perfectly for me since awhile. Their cheaper serie (K) is still pretty decent (K53E-QS52 by example). You want an I5 (or higher) 4Gig of ram (or more) and a big storage HDD.

First you want to make sure you can deal with 1366x768 resolution (which is the most popular resolution on cheaper models).
    Whats should i need to think about the resolution ? this is my resolution at the moment and its fine for me.

I keep all my music on a external hdd, and there will be very few programs running and installed on my laptop
    Last edited by AL-THE-OK; 07-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Exactly what I like about the Precisions. They come with WUXGA and are extremely bright. The matte screen is also much nicer than the more popular glossy screens.

The high resolution lets you display all 4 decks, the full global section, the playlist shortcuts, the track info bar, and the browsing section all at the same time.

Tech Wizard

Is there any specific models of laptops out there , I just looked at these

ASUS A53E-SX1339S 15.6" Laptop - Red http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-a...84685-pdt.html

ACER Aspire V3-571G 15.6" Laptop - Black http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-a...48375-pdt.html

Tech Mentor

I have the 17" version of the Asus G53 and it's a beast. Price/performance ratio is very high and the screens are nice... but unfortunately glossy. Its build quality isn't quite on par with the Precisions, but it's no worse than a Mac's :P

Another nice thing about these models is that they run VERY cool due to the large exhausts in the back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-G53SX-T...item564aaf5823

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Macs are obviously the major player in the DJ industry but that's out of your price range I assume. I'm not big on specs of computers but I know you want them to be reliable and I'd say Sony VAIO is the peg down from a Mac. Love mine.
    still rocking my Z series vaio from 2009 until now....fantastic machine, the price tag is hefty for the latest 2012 series but damn it's a sexy ass laptop, almost like the ultimate ultrabook of my dream!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast