Rekord Buddy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rekord Buddy

Tech Wizard

Default Rekord Buddy

So, this has been mentioned in a different thread but I believe that it needs a thread of it's own as I think it's a genius idea. Rekord Buddy is a software designed to sync all of your Traktor data into Rekordbox so that all of your cue points, loops, basically anything that can be saved in an ID3 gets transferred into Rekordbox so when you're spinning out at a club all you need to bring is a Flash drive or an SD card that's already synced w/Rekordbox! I'm getting a ton of new gear in a couple of days including a new Macbook Pro, a DJM-900, (still waiting on Pio to announce their update to the CDJ-2000's) and I'd like to know if anyone has used this software and/or wants to check it out! If you've used it, tell us what you think because I would really like to integrate this as part of my set up once I get me some new CDJ's and my MBP!

These are the links to check out Rekord Buddy:

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/...-for-rekordbox

https://www.facebook.com/DamienSirki...01143516562748

Rekord Buddy Creator Damien Sirkis's Avatar

Thanks for the post Luke and welcome to anyone who is new to Rekord Buddy.

Please keep in mind that the software is still currently in beta, feel free to report any issues you find directly to me or in this thread.

Version 1.0 should be available for free this fall on the Mac App Store.

Thank you so much Damien. I have been wanting this for a long time! I prefer to set my hotcues and grids in traktor and primarily DJ with it but when I am playing on 2000s, I use rekordbox. It's always a pain in the ass to have to spend time in rekordbox to do what I have already done in traktor. Let me know if I can help with testing / development or anything!

Post v1.0 there will be a closed beta for future releases. Look at one of my recent posts on my FB/Twitter.
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

Tech Mentor

This is an amazing idea. I do not have time to do exactly what I prepared in Traktor in Rekordbox over again especially because I am tagging a whole new libabry and my gig went tits up on Friday because of this. Hope this works okay.

Quote Originally Posted by manus View Post
    This is an amazing idea. I do not have time to do exactly what I prepared in Traktor in Rekordbox over again especially because I am tagging a whole new libabry and my gig went tits up on Friday because of this. Hope this works okay.
    It's in public Beta right now, but the first 1.0 release is not far off in the future.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you encounter any problems.
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

this would be so cool.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Student

damien this is amazing.

any chance of a windows version?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Very nice work. I also switch between TC with TPro and CDJs and therefore this is perfect for me.
    I heavily worked on the adv. HID integration in Traktor which is very good but mostly still prefer going either TC or CDJ-only.

I'll run it through its paces and let you know what I think and probably even prepare a post about it after my vacation.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas42 View Post
    any chance of a windows version?
    I'll be honest with you, there are no plans in the foreseeable future.

Main reason is that this is obviously not a 'for profit' project at this time and I only have Macs at home

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast