Djtt needs student discount
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Djtt needs student discount

Hey DJTT, Is it me or dont you think there should be student discount? i know there must be a lot of people on here who are under the age of 16 who is always tryna get money for this expensive hobby. i kow i am.i work my ass off to get my DJ equipment nd the funny thing is...i dont even have a full deck.i think DJTT should open a student discount for people who are in school and trying to make a life outof DJing. i knowthat i have a huge passion for DJing but i cant affford all the stuff i need. i a 13 and have been inspired to DJ and i have full support from my family but i have been told i have to buy my on things if i want them so i hav to find house work and things to do for other people wich there isnt a lot of for me. so oes anyone else think there should be student discount?

Well, to start with, you could go very far with DJ:ing with less than $500 assuming you have a laptop... What kind of gear do you want, or actually need? Also, plenty of used gear on craigslist for 50% or less, maybe not the latest model but still works just fine.

Well ive been looking on craigslist and where i live there is only shitty stuff...or stuff that too expensive. there is no middle man. i want to go Controllerist and right now i have an x6 mixer and a NDX-400. i am getting traktor scratch duo 4 and i want to get a midi fighter and a x1 ora f1 but its pretty expensive. i aso have been lookig into a traktor kontrol s2 or s4

no pain no gain, we all paid our gear the full price and yes it's expensive, same gos for music....
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

student discounts are only for students studying a course with related subject matter, All it is is a Tax break on the purchase... The problem is there are no approved courses on djing nor will there ever be, and you will find that discounts are generally only given on software not hardware.

If you want to use controllers sell the ndx-400's which will mean you don't need traktor duo and get a controller instead, you should have about $500 from that. But if you learn with cd's and manual beatmatching now you will be much better off in the future as you will have a solid foundation to grow and will gain the respect of your peers. In this industry reputation is everything, if you can't use the gear in the club someone will give you shit for it.

If any company offered discounts to under 16's everyone would pretend they were under to get the discount.

In Australia if you own a business or are contracted in an industry you can receive a portion of your tax back relative to the purchase, I used to get a bit back from buying vinyl as it was necessary for my job. Start a mobile dj business when your 16 and you should be able to do something similar.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

well i cant sell my NDX-400s or my X6 because i modified them (painted them) so yeah i cant really sell.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Might be because I live halfway across the world but I think the store's prices are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    student discounts are only for students studying a course with related subject matter, All it is is a Tax break on the purchase... The problem is there are no approved courses on djing nor will there ever be, and you will find that discounts are generally only given on software not hardware.

If you want to use controllers sell the ndx-400's which will mean you don't need traktor duo and get a controller instead, you should have about $500 from that. But if you learn with cd's and manual beatmatching now you will be much better off in the future as you will have a solid foundation to grow and will gain the respect of your peers. In this industry reputation is everything, if you can't use the gear in the club someone will give you shit for it.

If any company offered discounts to under 16's everyone would pretend they were under to get the discount.

In Australia if you own a business or are contracted in an industry you can receive a portion of your tax back relative to the purchase, I used to get a bit back from buying vinyl as it was necessary for my job. Start a mobile dj business when your 16 and you should be able to do something similar.
    There are some music classes that dip into djing. Glendale Community College (Arizona) offers a class (MUC-135) which is: Introduction to Disc Jockey Techniques

http://classes.sis.maricopa.edu/index.php

Look up Muc135, MUC136, MUC137, MUC138,

Actually looking to see if there are any local colleges in my area that offer similar classes... may be interesting.

Tech Wizard

I'm sorry but what is wrong with getting a part time job at 16? That's how I did it.

http://classes.sis.maricopa.edu/inde...ses=true&terms[]=4126&institutions[]=GCC02&start_hour=any&end_hour=any&startafter=&ins tructors= your link didn't take e there, mine does....

3 credits wow! I stand corrected... but I highly doubt the federal government would consider this subject matter appropriate for tax cuts... I can't even believe such a unit exists as part of greater study... Although it is in Community College so I doubt it's accredited course material.

Sorry to dampen your hopes but I stand by what I said unless it is added to a Dance Music Production Course, but those courses while being great are generally not accredited and receive no funding. The co-ordinators usually work out a deal with the company to purchase goods directly at a discount and base their course material around it's use, an organisation like dubspot would be a good example of doing this "not sure if they do or not, but they certainly could ".
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast