Help with speaker and headphone setup on traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Help with speaker and headphone setup on traktor

Hi,

I am relatively new to Djing and i started of on VDJ, but i have recently made a switch to traktor scratch pro 2. I am having difficulties setting up traktor to output through my Logitech z623 as the main and then cue through the headphones. My headphones are plugged into a generic USB soundcard, and I have selected ASIO4all as the aduio device (making sure that both my soundcard and usb soundcard are highlighted on ASIO4all), however, for some reason when I click on output master/ monitor my sound devices does not show ( it only shows ''not connected 1/ not connected 2''). it just seems strange because the USB soundcard allows me to do this on VDJ but not traktor.

Can someone please suggest a way that I can bypass this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Convert

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using a Dell inspiron 15R.

So the Logitech is a 2.1 speaker system? How is it connected, to your headphone output?

And you have a USB soundcard connected? If you have a USB soundcard connected, the Logitech won't play out of your laptops 1.8inch headphone output because routed it's from the computers soundcard. You can only use 1 soundcard at a time. Once you enable the USB soundcard as the default device your computers internal soundcard becomes disabled. Don't know if that'll make a difference though. Speaking of which, have you tried going into your control panel, seeing if your soundcard is there, and right-clicking to "enable" or "set to default"?

what is the soundcard smack? most likely if it is a cheap one it is o ly one channel, so you won't be able to hear a second channel on it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Doesn't all the traktor scratch systems come with a sound card?