So what exactly do I need......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what exactly do I need......

So I just purchased a Xone62. Im currently running the traktor S2. Im a past turntable user at heart and the S2 just didnt give me that warm fuzzy mixer feeling, plus I wanted control of all four decks.

So my question is as follows, I know that ill be purchasing a couple of X1's for controlling traktor, and ill want to route all four decks into the 4 channels in the mixer, but what kind of sound card will suffice. Will the NI audio 8 do the trick? thanks for any help.

yep the Audio 8 will be fine, but you should be aware that the drivers are currently incompatible with usb 3.0, so an Audio 10 might be a better more future proof purchase if you have already or intend to upgrade your laptop.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Ya know that funny you say that about the 3.0 USB. I JUST purchased a ne MacBookPro about 3 weeks ago. Its not the "new retina" display one. But im really not sure if its USB 3.0 or not and considering this is my first mac, im kind of lost on how to find out if it is!!!? lol

usb 2.0 looks like this

usb 3.0 looks like this

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

huh, mine dont look like either. But to be safe ill go with the Audio10. lol

Well the color may not be the same but the the number of metal leads and where they're positioned will be identical.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

It's hard to tell by those pictures cuz you can't really see the leads. Just google the model number of your mac.

google xxxxxxxx specifications (where xxxxx is the model number) and should tell you everything there is to know about all the connectors for you laptop.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Wizard

pretty sure they would only be usb 2.0 if you don't have retina display, plus you still have firewire, which i believe they did away with in favor of another thunderbolt port. You can check by clicking on the Apple in the top left > About this Mac > More Info > then under hardware USB. If the speed says 'up to 480Mbps' then you have 2.0.

Just did what you said and its saying high speed 3.0 USB. Well Ill be damned! I guess ill be purchasing the Audio 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast