Help with setup ideas!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with setup ideas!!

I recently had some extra dough come in and I am ready to invest in some new dj equipment. My budget is around 700-800 $. I want to be able to do some live stuff and fx and all that jazz. My ideas so far consist of:
    S2 w/ midi fighter
    S2 w/ F1
    X1 w/ 2x F1
    All ideas/ feedback/opinions appreciated!!!!!
    thank you!!!

Banned

Gotta give a bit more info on what you wanna do, man...

Also what you already have, especially since none of those have a sound card.

Also, how familiar you are with mapping, and if you have any interest in doing any edits to your mapping.

Although if you're even thinking about a midi fighter, than you know enough that you'd definitely be served better by a better all-in one controller than the S2.

Tech Wizard

I recently purchased two midi fighters (150au!) to accompany my lonely mixtrack pro. Too be honest, it is an amazing setup.

I use my mixtrack to setup and eq my track, the big ol' jogs to beatmatch. Atm, I have about 22 buttons being unused; havn't needed to use them yet really.

My left Midi Fighter is setup in 4 banks mode with the instant grat. mapping. My right Midi Fighter is based on the cue point mapping a fellow uploaded here. It has 7 cue points per deck, the 8th button will delete any given point by pressing 8+x point. (Work in progress)

So yeah. Sorry for the life story, but hopefully you have an idea of what you can achieve with a similar layout. I would imagine if you are a whiz at mapping effects chains, the F1 would be really good. (see armyofone) But I am extremely happy with my setup as of now. When I eventually want to do more, the only thing I would give up would be the Mixtrack. Simply for a 4 channel mixer methinks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crckrs View Post
    So yeah. Sorry for the life story, but hopefully you have an idea of what you can achieve with a similar layout. I would imagine if you are a whiz at mapping effects chains, the F1 would be really good. (see armyofone) But I am extremely happy with my setup as of now. When I eventually want to do more, the only thing I would give up would be the Mixtrack. Simply for a 4 channel mixer methinks!
    I dig that setup! I'm looking at doing something very similar. I'm planning on switching all my gear out for a pair of midi fighters that I'm planning on having perfectly mirrored. Left for Decks A+C and right for decks B+D, with just a 4 channel mixer in the middle. Then I can hook up turntables or CDJs, depending on what the booth has, for beatmatching.

I really want to do a lot of fx while still using the remix decks of traktor. currently i have nothing. I have been dj ing for almost a year using just the computer, and it absolutely sucks. like i said my budget is 700-800$
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Gotta give a bit more info on what you wanna do, man...

Also what you already have, especially since none of those have a sound card.

Also, how familiar you are with mapping, and if you have any interest in doing any edits to your mapping.

Although if you're even thinking about a midi fighter, than you know enough that you'd definitely be served better by a better all-in one controller than the S2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post

important

I am familiar with mapping but do not have any interest in makning edits or my own mappings.

An S2 and Midifighter is a great start.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

How can the machine hardware be used with traktor?

Banned

It works as a standard midi controller... Honestly I have no idea why anyone uses them for anything but the maschine software... there are far better and cheaper pad controllers.

Seriously though.... Google....
    Last edited by Saurus; 07-27-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: realized I answered a silly question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast