Played a 5 hour gig on Traktor 2.5.1 with CDJ-900s last night
    Tech Wizard

Default Played a 5 hour gig on Traktor 2.5.1 with CDJ-900s last night

And the advanced HID is awesome! I had a limited amount of time to test all the gear so i thought i'd just wing it and see what happened, and everything worked pretty perfectly.

My setup consisted of 2xcdj-900s and a djm-900, pretty much as a big midi controller for traktor, and i was really happy with it. Before advanced HID, i would have issues going from cd's to controller mode and back again, but at this gig last night was going from cds to traktor and back, which is really versatile and awesome to see my expensive setup finally working in the way i want it too.

Only a few issues with the screen on the players showing parts playlists that weren't quite correct, and it when hitting cue on one player, the other would flash in random places irregularly, all of which im sure is a firmware thing and will probably be fixed (haven't checked the firmware on the players for ages, so it probably already is fixed).

TL;DR: CDJ-900s working awesome with new traktor advanced HID support, reliable as hell!!

anyone else played around with them or the 2000s? i would actually consider taking my laptop back to the club i play at with 2000s with this new functionality.

I'm looking to seeing more feedback on this.
    I traditionally play control vinyl + real vinyl but I've been to a few places where they had 850s, 900s and 2000s, so I brought timecode cds + usb sticks of mp3s with me as extra backup.
    Just upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.5.1 which seems good so far, partly so I could try and play off CDJs with even less fussing about. I should probably pack a couple extra usb cables with me, that would be an extra reason.
    How's the collection browsing from the CDJs ?

Tech Wizard

i love the HID concept! Great to hear it all worked out for you! Def gonna try it next gig!

Tech Mentor

what is this HID everyone around here is talking about?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KILLMeDJ View Post
    sound

is it more responsive and less problematic than the timecode cd's?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    How's the collection browsing from the CDJs ?
    i have to admit that i had my X1 that night, so i didn't do a huge amount of browsing on my players, but a few times they seemed to get stuck on the playlist browser and not advance to the tracks, or skip ahead through tracks and show a different part of the list. However this was only a few times, and it mostly worked so well that i didnt have to look at the laptop screen at all during 4-5 mixes, which i think is a real advantage of using in the club. I think the issues might be related to older firmware though, so i will check for updates today, do a bit more testing on how it actually works and get back to you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    sound

is it more responsive and less problematic than the timecode cd's?
    Absolutely. The pitch fader resolution is the best i have seen on traktor (have played with numerous controllers, timecode cds and vinyl) as it doesn't have that small amount of pickup that timecode seems to get. Also, the playhead of the control cd never matching up with the first downbeat was always a bit of a pet hate of mine while using cdjs with traktor, and this is a non issue in HID mode, the cue just goes straight to the first cue point in the software. The platter is the best part about all this i think, it has to be the best controller platter on the market, resolution is awesome, and feels way more tight than using control cds.

In over 5 hours of playing, i did not have one dropout, control glitch, or one of those 'oh f**k' moments.