Traktor Pro vs TSP
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro vs TSP

I was just curious to know if the only difference between the two is that Traktor Pro doesn't come with timecoded CD's or Vinyl and TSP does...does Pro support timecode if you buy the Vintl separately? Cause I'm gonna be using CDJ's in advanced HID mode without timecode and I noticed that the Traktor Pro comes with an Audio 2 interface at a pretty nice price. I appreciate all responses. Thanks!

To use timecode you need at least two things
    1) Scratch Certified audio interface, controller OR mixer
    2) a Scratch license

Traktor Pro will work with HID but not with Timecode.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

the difference is the timecode plugin. it's exclusive to TSP.

Tech Wizard

I'm thinking the best option is to get the TSP software w/timecoded CD's and vinyl which is $119. I'll be using a DJM-900 so no need for the audio interface at home unless a venue isn't packing a 900, in that case I'll prob just look for a second-hand audio interface off of ebay. Does anyone see any potential problems with this method?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ryan View Post
    I'm thinking the best option is to get the TSP software w/timecoded CD's and vinyl which is $119. I'll be using a DJM-900 so no need for the audio interface at home unless a venue isn't packing a 900, in that case I'll prob just look for a second-hand audio interface off of ebay. Does anyone see any potential problems with this method?
    Not sure if you need a prior version of Traktor to use that or not. I just got that, but I already owned TP2.5 and a Denon DN-X1700 (Scratch-Certified Mixer), so I didn't have to buy anything additional.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    Not sure if you need a prior version of Traktor to use that or not. I just got that, but I already owned TP2.5 and a Denon DN-X1700 (Scratch-Certified Mixer), so I didn't have to buy anything additional.
    It's no longer an upgrade package, it comes with a full version of scratch pro now.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    It's no longer an upgrade package, it comes with a full version of scratch pro now.
    Wow, I didn't realize that. That sounds like the plan to me. Audio 8's go for about $250, but if you're patient you can get one in the $200 range.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...a10/?page=4781
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize that. That sounds like the plan to me. Audio 8's go for about $250, but if you're patient you can get one in the $200 range.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...a10/?page=4781
    Not a bad route. Just picked up an 8 for $150 on ebay......the deals are out there