My recordings sound like trash - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'd rather have Traktor focus on doing what it does best, ill let another piece of software do what it does best as well, why not, i don't have to worry about hardware constraints

... and its simple, i have audio 8 dj, i open up goldwave it already knows to record off my audio 8 and i hit record, more simple than traktor imo, and i can monitor everything to the fullest, if i remember correctly (again i haven't messed with traktor recording since i first got TSP1) traktor doesn't show you a lot
    Last edited by NoizeuNit; 07-31-2012 at 12:21 PM.

... I give up.
    You should try it before tossing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    ... I give up.
    You should try it before tossing it.
    I guess i poorly worded my responses, im not knocking traktor's record or not trying to anyways, im just stating whats worked for me

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    I guess i poorly worded my responses, im not knocking traktor's record or not trying to anyways, im just stating whats worked for me
    Absolutely not meant to be critical, each to their own and all that, but I don't understand any method easier than using Traktor's internal recording which records audio direct to WAV. It really is as simple as:

TP2REC.jpg
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Absolutely not meant to be critical, each to their own and all that, but I don't understand any method easier than using Traktor's internal recording which records audio direct to WAV. It really is as simple as:

TP2REC.jpg
    doesnt it split files?

My technique:
    Hit enter on the laptop (record)
    Drink
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

@ Noizeunit you get about 3 1/2 hours of recording in .wav format before the file splits.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

There is an option in the settings as to how big a file it will record before splitting them. I've upped mine to the highest file size which is 2gb, which should be good for a 3 hour set.
    And if you go longer then that piece them back together using your daw of choice.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

What i do is run an rca from the rec out on the x1600 back into my audio 6. I set deck d as a direct input and record externally.

also sometimes the humming is caused by the power lead of your laptop.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast