My recordings sound like trash
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default My recordings sound like trash

I just went back and listened to some of my recent mixes and realized they sound like garbage. I record externally to soundforge via an Alesis RCA input to USB device.

My setup is a audio DJ2 to a Xone 22 to the USB device. I get a low level hum and the recording doesn't sound crisp and clean like i would expect.

I also get the same noise when i try and rip vinyl.

Ground loop?
    Last edited by keithace; 07-29-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Tech Mentor

Why not simply just record the mix through Traktor?
    13" MBP 2012 | 4 GB RAM | 2.4 GHz Intel i5
    Traktor Pro 2
    M-AUDIO Trigger Finger | Traktor Kontrol S2

Quote Originally Posted by FILTHZ View Post
    Why not simply just record the mix through Traktor?
    Too convenient

if i remember correctly when you record in traktor it wont record in 16bit format... I use Goldwave and it works wonderfully, no fuss. and it sounds like it could be a ground loop issue as far as the humming goes try plugging your setup into a good power strip or pick up a ground loop isolator

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    if i remember correctly when you record in traktor it wont record in 16bit format... I use Goldwave and it works wonderfully, no fuss. and it sounds like it could be a ground loop issue as far as the humming goes try plugging your setup into a good power strip or pick up a ground loop isolator
    Say whaaat? I think you're mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    Say whaaat? I think you're mistaken
    prolly a good chance i am, but i know there is something with traktor's record feature where it wont record as good of quality compared to a third party software (ableton, goldwave, Audacity, etc.)

prolly a good chance i am, but i know there is something with traktor's record feature where it wont record as good of quality compared to a third party software (ableton, goldwave, Audacity, etc.)
    Wrong on that as well. What goes in is what comes out unless dealing with 24bit lossless

maybe that's what i was thinking of, idk, never used traktor for recording anyways, always perferred using other software to record ¯\(°_o)/¯

maybe that's what i was thinking of, idk, never used traktor for recording anyways, always perferred using other software to record ¯\(°_o)/¯
    So you like causing headaches than a simple built in tool that does it for you?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast