What's your inspiration? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have always loved music and mixing; I think I was born with a mixer in front of me A friend of my brother's (DJ Dex Dinero) would put on some great demonstrations in order to get ready for his next gig and just seeing the look on his face of pure joy gave me inspiration. I could see how much he loved it and since I kind of idolized him then I figured I would give it a go...he showed me the ropes starting young and I haven't turned back since!

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Yeah, you're spot on, the DLP1's were surprisingly good, in fact it took me a little while to adjust to Technics. Fruit Club in Swindon, that's a blast from the past! And Bowlers of course is legendary. I live in the South West, used to frequent Lakota and Club Loco in Bristol a fair amount as well as Enzo's near Salisbury. Bristol was and still is a great city for underground music, the D&B coming out of there in the mid 90s was really exciting to be around.

Sankeys and Love2Be - big props too on those gigs, nice little CV that!
    Cheers man, those were good times. I got the chance to play with some amazing DJ's and also play at some equally amazing venues, I played at some of the more well renowned northern venues along the way like Angels in Burnley, Manhattan Heights in Blackburn & Monroes in Great Harwood, these had some of the biggest DJ's in the 90's at them every week.

Never really ventured into Bristol, once or twice but never to anything major. It was a ll a bit Jungle for me and I was playing the happy stuff, although I love the 93-94 jungle sound in fact... check this out, I think you'll enjoy it!!! www.soundcloud.com/hi-jaq (there's an early 90's Jungle mix on there, just one I threw together the mixing isn't that hot, but the tunes are bang on!!!)

Tell you what though, if I had to name the most technically gifted DJ from the 90's I played with who inspired me the most and I played with him a few times it's probably DJ Brisk, I'm not saying he is now as I've not heard him for a long time, but bloody hell, I warmed up for him at a techno night (possibly near Salisbury I think) and he blew my head off, his set was just perfect, and another time at Adidance and that was even better, every track was mixed in key and he just kept the beats rolling for ages, not a mistake through the whole set.

Good days those, especially as I was so young!!! hahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123