We all need a good logo. Dont we? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    an artists logo is important but only when you reach a certain level of pull/show.
    this!

but somehow i already have a logo. does that mean i reached that certain level
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Bullshit - go and check the DJ Mag top 100;
    That's where I stopped reading....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    how many individuals can you think of that employ a logo of their own?

It was Prince's way to try to kill a bad record deal at that time. Worked but it took a long time and nearly killed his career at the same time.

Today a web site is your logo, spend more time on that than sweating over logo designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    this!

but somehow i already have a logo. does that mean i reached that certain level

yes you have although i beg to ask that question for myself.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

The recent articles about DJ names and then today's about logos and logotypes kinda made me have a go tonight.

I've got quite a (very) varied range of nights that I play and have been trying for ages to figure out whether having one DJ page/identity might just confuse and put off certain people, and maybe having a 2nd ID which is new can reflect the newer things I'm working on (primarily an electro-filthy-house event and production name) - but that also encompasses some more extreme electronica (but not the main focus).

So I had a go at this tonight and I'll be honest I don't know how good/bad/dreadful it is so any thoughts would be very helpful.

pp_square.jpg

too hard to read and too busy down the bottom imo... but I do like the shapes
    Last edited by synthet1c; 08-02-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Am i the only one under the asumption that this kid just wants his dj name put into a nice font with some pretty colors? Honestly sounds like the kids just trying to create something to put on his biz cards and demo's.... I think a lot of peeps (only read through the first page) need to take a breather...

Regardless, it started a conversation that was apparently good enough to inspire the site to do a blog post about the subject at hand.

I agree about a logo being part of brand awareness and to have brand awareness, people need to be aware of you first.

However, I believe what the OP is looking for is not brand awareness, but rather a "corporate identity" (CI), which is something different. Because a DJ sells his services, he is, in effect, a one-person company. And companies need CIs no matter how big or small they are. With a DJ start-up it starts with the name, goes even through colors, specific fonts and yes, even a certain logo, if one is wanted. That is all definitely needed to form a CI and yes, even a 15 year old who wants to be a DJ needs a CI too, if he wants to sell his services and also be successful at it. It is part of being a professional. No, a CI doesn't help one's success directly. You can be successful without a CI. But, a CI certainly helps support success, because it simply shows you have a business concept and a CI will help that very important first impression. A DJ with a good and thought through CI will definitely have more of a positive effect on customers than one without one. So go for it Solsk3n.

If I were a marketing/ designer kind of person, I'd work on that "sunshine" theme for your CI too.

Maybe I am too old though, but the 3 as an "E" just isn't my cup of tea. I have to think of kiddy hackers, when I see it. And because I am fairly new to the DJ scene (started last year), that was my first thought, when I read "Deadmau5". "Woot? Kiddy hackers are DJs now too?" LOL! But don't let me sway you. You've made a decision, so stick to it. In the end, it is just a name and it's not your name or logo that will cause you to become popular, it will be your skills, talents and discipline.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast