VCI400 EGE serious issues
    Tech Student

Exclamation VCI400 EGE serious issues

so i just went down and bought the EGE VCI 400 from my local Dj store and downloaded the Original mapping for it, Only to find that i could not navigate through the waveform of song using the jog wheel (i have tried pressing the vinyl button but nothing happens).
    so i downloaded the update, only to open up a new can of problems, the Cpu meter suddenly went into red (im running 2.5 with 2Ghz processor and 4Gb of RAM) it was causing major lag and skipping in songs, most of the functions such as jog fx, all of the touch pad effects and even the play button stopped working... so I have removed the update and everything has returned to normal but still no jog wheel navigation/vinyl mode...
    could really use help in fixing these problems.

cheers

Were you able to find a fix for this? I looked all over and couldn't find anything on it but I would really like to know if it is an equipment issue or a fluke because I was actually headed to the store to get this same exact one this week. Now I am going to put off my purchase until someone can help you out...thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
    so i just went down and bought the EGE VCI 400 from my local Dj store...
    You bought a VCI 400 EGE from a local DJ store?
    I thought the EGE could only be purchased at the DJTT store?
    Last edited by dj subculture; 08-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    I thought the EGE could be purchased at the DJTT store?
    That's what I thought too. Unless retailers are buying bulk for discounted prices from DJTT and then jackin' up the price... ?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Student

No the price was pretty much the same other than added GST i bought it for 1200 with an extended warranty
    so the store made $120 profit wowee... :P
    but i still have not found a solution i was told that someone else had similar issues but solved them by running his music through iTunes instead, but this has not worked for me either... :\

its starting to do my head in... I've tried removing all other usb devices, giving it its own power point closing down all unnecessary background programs (internet, Bluetooth, antivirus, etc..) changing usb cables and even bought new audio leads, still to no avail

I'm starting to get seriously frustrated and am thinking of retuning it and getting the regular VCI 400 instead...

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    I thought the EGE could only be purchased at the DJTT store?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    That's what I thought too. Unless retailers are buying bulk for discounted prices from DJTT and then jackin' up the price... ?
    Thats what I thought too.

What do you mean update?
    Do you mean is the latest firmware and tsi from Vestax?
    Or from DJTT?
    SC | MC