How to make traktor's effects less in your face?

Default How to make traktor's effects less in your face?

So I don't use a lot of effects in my mixes but sometimes a nice echo freeze or whatever can be a nice touch and just damn handy.

But whenever I trigger the freeze or in some cases just the effect (pretty dry not wet at all) the mix is all like in your face with the effect and it really kills the mood.

Has anybody found a way to counter this ? I still want full kill of my track after the freeze tho.

dry/wet is overridden when you echo freeze. Its 100% wet, all the time, every time.

Try extending & decreasing the freeze length and feedback parameters to get what you want.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    dry/wet is overridden when you echo freeze. Its 100% wet, all the time, every time.

Try extending & decreasing the freeze length and feedback parameters to get what you want.
    100% wet all the time ? I think I remember freezing a track at like 25% wet and the track underneath kept playing but less loud of course. Like I said I rarely use effects and really nothing but delay/reverb/filter so it was a long time ago and I'm probably wrong then.

I usually go for a pretty long freeze time because I don't want the dramatic stop, and I already had the idea of lowering the feedback, but next time I'll put it on a crazy low setting. Thanks

Sometimes when I'm going to go effects heavy with beat masher and echo freeze I will play doubles of the track, and effect away on one, while the other plays straight so that echo freeze will grab a vocal and carry it, but the track continues to play, or I'm beat mashing a glitchy staggered beat, but the main beat is also there to carry it. I catch myself working the line fader a lot when doing this to try to make it smooth and not seem like the volume keeps getting pumped back up coming out of echo freeze.

I'm also a fan of playing another synced track with no volume so that when I echo freeze master takes over the other deck, and I can stop the current deck, rewind to the drop, then press play and kill the echo freeze at the same time. None of the weird warping noise of the effect from changing the tempo during the rewind.

It makes it seem more natural sounding to me.

I almost never beat mash except in a mix, like beat mash on the outgoing track that is mostly drums, or on the loop that I'm using to make a drum fill for the other track. Try to use it to make a drum roll before the drop of the next song, instead of just beat mashing away. Unless I've been drinking, then it is beat mash away with no mercy.

Tech Mentor

I tend to do my effects on the incoming track loop rather than the master track - especially mashing and increasing the crossfade at the high points of the main playing track, that way it is more subtle and as you bring the second track up you can change the way the effects operate quite a bit. Gotta agree with rdale; the use of effects is exponential to alchohol intake.......