Macbook Air 10.7.4 + S4 + TP 2.5 problem...
    Tech Student

Question Macbook Air 10.7.4 + S4 + TP 2.5 problem...

Hi, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in... MODS please move as you see fit.

I got an "old" MB Air 1.6 Core Duo 2 w/ 2 gb ram that I just clean-installed a Lion (10.7.4) on. The on-board MB soundcard doesn't work, but I don't really think that should be the reason for this? I don't think this has an USB3 port either, as it's a couple of years old.

Alongside this I'm using a Traktor Kontrol S4 + Traktor Pro 2.5.

Simultanously I've installed Controller Editor 1.4.5 and Traktor Kontrol S4 2.4.23 drivers (I tried the newest drivers, but then it gave me serious latency and CPU lag).

As noted I did try to use the latest S4 drivers, but then it had no chance in hell to run properly, so I figured after I did some google research that there were some common problems so I downgraded. Shit worked fine for a minute or so and then it went back to the old habit, although it didn't give me red-zone CPU indication as with the newest drivers.

I made a restart and tried running Traktor again, and for a few seconds it all worked perfectly and then BOOM, suddenly the audio skips and serious latency in accordance with scratching on either decks.

Has anyone had any similar problems and got any solution? As far as I know the MBA specs should easily run this fine according to others, but I have no clue why this is happening to me (not really a MAC user). I've only loaded 4 songs too in the library, because it was supposed to be a test just to see if things worked smoother with the Mac rather than the PC I'd been using.

Anyone?
    Last edited by Romeo; 08-01-2012 at 10:40 AM.