Tpro: Grids to a gate?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tpro: Grids to a gate?

Hey guys i was just doing a little experimentation with using the gater effect to doing my grids. The metronome is a bit annoying as we cannot actually control the volume of the tick which is really annoying, also some people (myself included) find it hard to get a really tight grid using the metronome sound.

So i figured that the gating white noise effect and the gater are obviously allways perfectly synced to the master clock. This means thats if you beatmatch to the gating effect your grid is always be spot on.

The gating effect alone isnt very loud, so using Ean's trick of using the MulHolland Drive effect after the gater in a chained mapping can be used to amplify the gating effect to your desired volume level. Also dont gate the song that your trying to grid, activate the effect unit on an empty deck and keep the volume fader up so that deck is just producing a white noise sound.

The sound of the gater alot less annoying (for me anyway) than that metronome sound which is nice. Its also very useful having the ability to change the volume of your new metronome by using the mulholland drive. Just discovered this one today and i think ill be using it a bit more in the future.

Give it a go and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 06-12-2009 at 12:56 AM.

I got some new tracks to grid tonight so i'll try this method out. Cheers man
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

im going through some of my older beatgrids and its pretty good at making some mistakes stick out that i would usually nudge into phase in my mix ! Obviously getting them right the first time is preferable !

You can also use the 3rd fx bank to change the sound a bit futher if you get sick of the beatmatching to white noise - obviously some effects are better than others to use.

Digital lo-fi, flanger flux, filters, phaser flux\pulse and ringmodulator are the main ones i would use if i got sick of the sound.

Sweet. Never thought of doing gridding using the effects before i may actually enjoy it now hehe
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Noon question:

Is this for TP or T3?

And.....does this make for more solid sync's?

DLing the tutorial now to investigate.

Traktor Pro buddy

BONUS!

Thats my weekend planned then!

GRIDDING!

Personally i'd rather grind my elbows with a cheesegrater than grid but these suggestions from bento should make the task semi bearable. have fun.

Does it have a much greater advantage to not gridding?

Put it this way, as a Pro....playing out to be paid (Which I need to do), would you suggest that you grid your tracks?

Cheers for your quick replies!

The grids that Traktor put down for you tend to be notoriously dodgy. It always pays to go through the tracks you may use and check them. Run some tracks together and you will soon get real quick at the whole process. Some you will nail in a few seconds, others will take ages such as tracks trhat have a drift to them, such as vinyl rips. Definitley worth the time involved, and you only have to do it once dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast