Music Question!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Question!

Tech Wizard

Default Music Question!

hi, my name is Tino, and i just got into djing. but, i had a quick question. my old collection consisted of music downloaded from limewire. should i erase it all? i have a subscription with mymp3pool.com and was wondering if i should just use that and songs from itunes? thank you.

If you already have a good collection of tunes, why delete them? just remember if you want to dj with those old tunes try and use the higher quality ones mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Yeah that's true. Most of em sound kind of weird. I guess ill just have to listen to them all and pick the bad ones our

I have a lot of old tunes that are great but unfortunately aren't suitable to play out with as the quality is just too low. They are fine to listen to on the pod or whatever but as a general rule i wouldn't use any track below 192kbs with a few exceptions.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Well how would I check the bitrate?

In iTunes, you can set a column with the bitrate in it, same with traktor. Also, you can check the properties of the file. I actually use a copy of my full itunes collection as my traktor collection, and am slowly deleting the lower quality tunes from that.

Tech Wizard

So what's the lowest bitrate I can go for gigs?

I would say for house parties etc 192 is fine. But for gigs try and use 320 if you can mate. Our last show i used about 50/50 192 and 320 with no issues. Just use yer ears

Tech Wizard

Alrite thanks a lot man. You really helped me out with this issue.

I think if your getting paid to do gigs then you have a responsibility to be putting on quality audio files.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast