Pre cueing

Thread: Pre cueing

Default Pre cueing

Hi guys im brand new to the site and traktor (as you can probably tell). I have a pretty "noobish" question but i need help because i have tried everything. My question is how do you setup pre cueing with 2 soundcards on traktor

Search is you friend. Also, are you Mac or PC, what sound cards, are you using an external mixer or a midi controller, etc. etc. etc. Need more info to assist.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

You only need one sound card with 2 stereo outs. Do you have a controller with a sound card? What do you have besides Traktor and a laptop?

only one sound card with Traktor (unless aggregating [don't recommend]).

also depends on setup...
    -If using a controller (internal mix mode), select one channel to be monitor and one to be master. Cue by selecting the PFL setting for the appropriate deck.
    -If using a mixer (external mix mode), set the sound card channels to their appropriate deck. Cue by using your mixer's cue options.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

No control (yet)
    Pc

ok so from what I can tell is that you are trying to establish monitoring by adding another sound card (probably USB) to your PC. This will not be recognized in Traktor unless you do the ASIO4All work around (I will not go into detail of this, it's easy to find on google and your sound quality will be reduced dramatically). In order to correctly utilize Traktor and its features, you will need a multi-channel audio card (some start as low as $75). Might I suggest an Audio2DJ as a starter sound card. Link

Welcome to digital DJing and it's awesome that you came here to begin your journey with Traktor. There are a lot of cool stuff to learn here especially for those on low budget or those who are curious on how to play with digital DJing in unconventional ways. Might I suggest utilizing the search as there are many people who started in your shoes and most likely the same questions were asked before. Have Fun
    Last edited by Eliot Han; 08-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Thx for ur help and sympathy. But for now ill just stick with virtual dj until i get a new midi controller with a built in sound card