How can I pick up a gig through social media? (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How can I pick up a gig through social media? (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

I am 14 and im yet to pick up DJ gig anywhere. I was wondering if there would be anyone good ways of letting people know that your up for a gig somewhere. The summer is coming to a end and Im pretty sure someone will throw a party soon. I really want to get a gig. That is my next step. I just need some tips. Thanks! DJUSAUS

Update: Before you start reading through all the posts, just know that this has gotten off the topic of getting a gig through social networking.
    Last edited by DJUSAUS; 08-07-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Throw your own party?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Why would I DJ at my own party?

you just told us you are available to perform... now do more of it that simple... try craigslist or kijiji(canada) usedottawa/useduk... but be carefull

oh lawdy.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Wizard

Im only 14. I dont think thats a good option. I was think more of like how to get people that go to your school. Like how do i get them to want me to DJ for them

spam their facebook with fancy photos of you wearing headphones and scratching records with your balls like adam sandler lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    spam their facebook with fancy photos of you wearing headphones and scratching records with your balls like adam sandler lol
    Hahaha

Record a mix to soundcloud and put up posters around school with the URL and a provacative picture that will get them curious about what the URL is. Make sure you mention in your soundcloud description that you're looking to "rock" your school dance with a little help from the peeps that come to the site.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Record a mix to soundcloud and put up posters around school with the URL and a provacative picture that will get them curious about what the URL is. Make sure you mention in your soundcloud description that you're looking to "rock" your school dance with a little help from the peeps that come to the site.
    I would get hate if I did that.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast