Traktor Pro - Beat grid with tempo change
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro - Beat grid with tempo change

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but a search didn't turn up anything for me.

I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or experiences with beat-gridding a track with a tempo change?

The track I'm working with has about half at 92 BMP then jumps to 120. I can set a second grid marker that starts a new grid, but when I try to adjust it to 120, it changes the whole track instead of just the 2nd grid.

Is there a trick to this that I'm just not getting, or am I stuck with having only 92 or only 120 grids for the entire track?

Unfortunately yes. Unless the track returns to the original bpm, you are out of luck. If it speeds up then slows down again you can isolate the variable section by setting another grid, but to my knowledge you cant have grids set to different bpm's. Would be a good feature to have though as i have shit loads of tracks like that.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Unfortunately yes. Unless the track returns to the original bpm, you are out of luck. If it speeds up then slows down again you can isolate the variable section by setting another grid, but to my knowledge you cant have grids set to different bpm's. Would be a good feature to have though as i have shit loads of tracks like that.
    Yup hes right- if its got a varying tempo then you need to do it manual styles, or run your tracks though Ableton first and export them as a single tempo (which has the potential to suck the life out of a song).