Bome's problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bome's problem

Dude.... Have you tried this page to view your TKS?
    http://www.djsmex.co.uk/T3TKS/

I don't know if it is correct, but I saw some mapping going cross deck/channel.
    For instance I saw that
    Path | Deck - Tempo
    Control | Deck Tempo Bend
    Channel | Deck A
    Type | Up
    Auto-Rep|
    Res. |0
    MIDI | Button | A#4 (ch 2)
    And everything else of Deck A is mapped to (ch1)?
    Last edited by tekki; 07-10-2008 at 04:02 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    In your example, you're KIND of right. But it's a little different than what you've outlined.

The MIDI information as presented in BMT, MIDIOX, etc is in HEX and is in the form of 3 groups of 2 digits (except in the case of things like SYSEX, but I'll leave that alone for now). But the first pair together doesn't only designate the MIDI channel, but also the TYPE of data. Specifically, the first digit in that pair tells you what kind of data is it, and the second digit gives you the MIDI channel. So if the first pair is BA, then you know that it is controller data on channel 10. The second pair gives you data based on what kind of message it is. In the case of a note on or off, it would be the note number, and the third byte is velocity. But if the first byte tells you it's controller data, the second byte is giving you the controller sending the message, and the third byte gives you the value of that controller.

It's all contextual.
    I actually wrote that right before heading out the door to work trying to keep it simple, but thanks for the extended version i am sure people will find that helpful.

Folks, here is an article I found that breaks down the MIDI / Hex relationship. Hopefully it helps some have a better understanding of it.
    http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~craig/art...essenmidi.html

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Tekki: That's an easy fix. I'll take care of it when I get home, in front of my comp... so Sunday

heh :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12