Money, how much money. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Look he was asking just cause he wanted to know... Just cause he's curious does not mean he's all about money! If he wanted money there other options then being a DJ. Lay off guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bottumboy622 View Post
    Look he was asking just cause he wanted to know... Just cause he's curious does not mean he's all about money! If he wanted money there other options then being a DJ. Lay off guys!

maybe if he makes some money he will start paying for his music...

Tech Guru

some of these threads on DJTT at the moment can be summed up by two songs IMHO:

Alice Cooper 'School's Out' and
    Jessie J - 'Price Tag'

Summer = Silly season.

Cheers all,

BTTF (grumpy old man syndrone setting in )
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth423 View Post
    this is pretty important, but as the dreaded school season comes around i will be out of work, and i was thinking of DJ'ing for local schools. ( note: i am 14, so i cant get complimentary drinks and stuff.)
    Out of work where would you get hired to dj when your 14 anyway....
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Haha Im 14 and I worked two jobs this summer..

40E, i'm a drive in and am asking the same for building up and breaking down. ca 3H
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I try to go for at least a compensation for costs made.
    this. meet whatever I have to pay to get there and we're good. The most i've ever been paid for a 4 hour set was 220 and the least i've ever been paid was a plastic bottle and a bucket full of water
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

I've usually played for drinks, keeps it less serious for me. Tbh I think I've lost more money than I've made between buying gear, tracks and bank rolling my own nights a few times.

Thinking about, most of my djing related income has been from writing articles for the djtt homepage, lol

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Start by playing for free, think of it as an internship, or a way to get in the field without too much pressure on your performance.

If youre going to do college parties get PA speakers and some lights. Not all houses have a system (if they do it probably sucks) and lights give you an advantage over the competition.

Youre only 14, so how long have you been doing this?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

heres the way I see it: if there is someone making money in the equation (promoter, club owner, etc.) then you deserve a piece of the cake. if a promoter/club owner is making bank that night and you are getting paid nothing, then i think it shows that they have very little respect for what you do. (edit: same goes for if your HIRED for an event)

if your spinning at a friends party or a charity event (where nobody is making a profit and you have a good personal relationship with the person throwing the party), then i think you should play for free
    Last edited by IznremiX; 08-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast