Different Xone setup's (92/1D vs 4D)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Different Xone setup's (92/1D vs 4D)

Hi guys!

I've been searching for specific information but I didn't figured out the best option. I was completely rushed by the Xone:4D. The great looks and compact design are overwelming.

Untill recently, I checked a video on youtube by someone who was performing with a Xone:4D but he nearly used the functions of the 4D. That's why I thought the 2 build-in 1D's were overkill. Am I right?

Today I youtube'd for a 1D overlay in Traktor (wich will be the software I'm using since Ableton is, atm, too hard). I'm very excited by this guy and his showoff. It seems that his 1D is capable of doing all the regular stuff. Perhaps add a Nanopad or something like that and you're settled.

So, we've got a Xone:4D vs Xone:92+1D (perhaps extended with a Nanopad / other 1D later on). The price will be nearly the same if I add up an (second hand) external soundcard (Audio8) with the last setup.

Another positive thing is the mobility. If some part(s) of the 4D brakes, there's nothing left. If something of the second setup brakes down, I wouldn't loose my whole setup. Plus, transporting will be easy in both cases.

So, I hope I made things clear enough. Excuse me for some typing-mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker/writer & it's my first post ^^

Hey Dacuba, finally found your way here too?

Same reply here, don't think too much difference between Xone:4D in comparison to Xone:92 with 2 1Ds and a nice soundcard.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Hi Tekki! I was wondering wether or not I'd sign you up as my referrer, hehe!

I don't think that there's a big difference (except for the price) but it's always nice to have some input from the pro's

Gheheh, thanks man!

Regarding your question, same here. though I am partial to nice LED lights of the 4D and the awesomeness of the 92, I am not able to help you on your decision.
    (As this would be a snap decision at the time of purchase. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

Yeah, the LED's are great but I have a discoball (damn, good times) wich I could re-connect for some nice light-effects! hehe

You're thinking about a 4D / 92+1D too?

There's a few differences between the 92 & the 4D
    92 has a 4 bands EQ, 4D is a 3 bands
    The 4D has 3 phono inputs, on channel 4 there's 2 line in
    With the 92 you can link the 2 filters or assign them to cross fader, I'm not sure but it look like you can't do it with 4D
    Only one LFO for the 2 filters on 4D, you've got 1 for each filter on 92
    The FX returns on the 4D have just a gain control... on the 92 it's a complete channel...
    & you've got 2 master outputs on the 92, just 1 on 4D. A booth out on each one; REC OUT on each one too but on the 4D is the same as FX2 Send...

well, they're no big differences, and talking about workflow and use, I think that a 92+1D or a 4D are pretty much the same thing...
    I don't know if that gonna help you to decide or not...
    I had the same question some months ago... finaly I get a 92/1D (& the Audio8) 'cause I wanted 2 real channel as AUX/RETURN and I really like the link of the filters aaahh & for the 4 bands EQ too

Tech Mentor

Thanks mate! I'm wondering if the 4 bands EQ is a "real" plus or just a gimmick. My main genre is house, do you think a second "mid" EQ is really good? It sounds great but I just wonder if it's "usable"

Btw, what are those two extra channels (on the left) exactly for? I didn't figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    Thanks mate! I'm wondering if the 4 bands EQ is a "real" plus or just a gimmick. My main genre is house, do you think a second "mid" EQ is really good? It sounds great but I just wonder if it's "usable"
    well, for the 4 bands, I don't know what to tell you... Personaly, I play a lot with EQ, much more than with effects, using it to make really smooth transition... I like it, but it's just a +, not something absolutly needed...
    But I really can't tell you... it's a personal tast I think...
    I know some DJ in Paris, playing Soulfull/House, and they just use volume knob and filters... so, that depend of you more than of the style of music imo...

Btw, what are those two extra channels (on the left) exactly for? I didn't figure that out
    They're AUX/RETURN channels... ins & outs for each one are on the back... Basically, they're 2 channels... They're here to return the signal of external FX for example... You send the channel you want to an FX (like KP3) with the "send" knob, and you return the KP3 OUT to the RETURN
    You can use it like Line Inputs too... and they can be switched to MIC inputs... You can have 2 mics plugged with an EQ & volume control

Tech Mentor

So those are actually 2 indepent channels, a SEND + RETURN wich could be used for mic's too? And yes, I had a KP3 (wich I returned later hehe) so I get the point, thank you! On the other hand, I'm wondering if I'd use a Mic anytime. Could it be that the 92 is overkill? Another option is the 62 but it's ugly as hell. The 42 looks reasonable too, but isn't that a major performance-drop?

4b EQ: okay thank you, that's something I'll have too find out myself I guess.. Sync'in music will allow me to put more time in my mixes / effects so who knows

Edit: I just read that the Xone:92 has some midi-controlling options. Are these controls assigned to the AUX channels?
    Last edited by dacuba; 06-14-2009 at 03:45 AM.

You're thinking about a 4D / 92+1D too?
    It crossed my mind once or twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast