2 channel midi controller with phono inputs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 2 channel midi controller with phono inputs?

Im not even sure if this if possible but does someone make a 2 channel midi controller with phono inputs. I want to be able to use the controller as an all in one midi controller at times, but if i wanted to use turntables i could hook those up via phono and "replace" the jogwheels on the controller with the turntables and still be able to use the effects, cue points, eq controls, etc. If anyone knows of anything like this please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Vestax380 is only one I can think of. http://www.vestax.com/v/products/detail.php?cate_id=189
    dat pricetag
    may as well just get an s4

Tech Guru

To be fair, the vestax is a standalone mixer as well. And it works with itch if you are into that type of thing. PLus its vestax so its built better than an s4. But yeah, $200 too much on RRP

I dunno, if I wanted a standalone mixer I would look into something 4 channel like the Denon DNMC6000
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--DENDNMC6000
    that way you have 2 external decks and 2 decks for software

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    To be fair, the vestax is a standalone mixer as well. And it works with itch if you are into that type of thing. Plus its vestax so its built better than an s4. But yeah, $200 too much on RRP
    The new Stanton DJC.4, Hercules RMX/4MX, American Audio VMS4.1 and Numark N4 all spring to mind - however they are all in the low/mid range quality and budget.

Just Bear in mind, to use vinyl control with any of the above controllers you'd need to use either Mixxx, Mixvibes, Deckadance or VDJ as your software (or something not locked to a soundcard) rather than Traktor.

The Native Instruments S4 is probably one of the best bang for buck controllers out there with what you are looking at doing and includes Traktor AND phono inputs which can be used for exactly the purpose you desire with top notch build, great integration with Traktor and decent price.

Yes I know its 4 channel, but why do you really just need 2 channels - is it the price or size ?

Imho the S4 is a no-brainer unless you have some real need for only 2 channels and no-more
    Last edited by deevey; 08-06-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The new Stanton DJC.4, Hercules RMX/4MX, American Audio VMS4.1 and Numark N4 all spring to mind - however they are all in the low/mid range quality and budget.

Just Bear in mind, to use vinyl control with any of the above controllers you'd need to use either Mixxx, Mixvibes, Deckadance or VDJ as your software (or something not locked to a soundcard) rather than Traktor.

The Native Instruments S4 is probably one of the best bang for buck controllers out there with what you are looking at doing and includes Traktor AND phono inputs which can be used for exactly the purpose you desire with top notch build, great integration with Traktor and decent price.

Yes I know its 4 channel, but why do you really just need 2 channels - is it the price or size ?

Imho the S4 is a no-brainer.
    or the DNMC6000 since it has a built in soundcard but mixes externally through the controller so if you wanted to mix on vinyl or cdjs you can without the software. as far as I know is that with the S4 you NEED traktor running or else it's useless.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    or the DNMC6000 since it has a built in soundcard but mixes externally through the controller so if you wanted to mix on vinyl or cdjs you can without the software.
    Correct the MC6000 will work as well (The VMS4 and Numark N4 also works like this too btw ), however it costs the same as an S4 and software is not included with any of those other units, at least not the pro versions required for Timecode use.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    as far as I know is that with the S4 you NEED traktor running or else it's useless.
    Correct again, however this is exactly what the OP wants to do, use his Vinyl to control the software ...AKA Timecode
    Last edited by deevey; 08-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Denon makes a 2 channel version also. The DNMC3000. I use 2 DNSC2000 controllers and mixer externally and I LOVE the setup. Very versatile.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Denon makes a 2 channel version also. The DNMC3000. I use 2 DNSC2000 controllers and mixer externally and I LOVE the setup. Very versatile.
    No phono inputs though innit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast