Both Scratch Buttons kill Jogwheels - on purpose?
    Tech Wizard

Default Both Scratch Buttons kill Jogwheels - on purpose?

Is this normal?

I have the 1.4FW arcade modded version. I was experimenting with whether or not I prefer to use the outer plastic rim for tempo nudging or turning off Scratch Mode entirely and using the whole platter when I stumbled upon this: Pressing both Scratch buttons while lit green disables the jog wheels entirely. The Scratch buttons stay lit green but the jog wheels' LEDs go dark. When I press them both again the jog wheels' LEDs come back on and everything works again.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there any reason why I would want to disable the jog wheels entirely while mixing?

Tech Mentor

it works perfectly fine on my vci100 with 1.4 firmware without scratch mode only the centre of the jogs adjusts pitch

Tech Wizard

that happens for me when i turn off scratch mode too, but can you make the jog wheels go dark by pressing both scratch buttons at the same time? just wondering if this is a bug or a feature.

Tech Mentor

yup when pressing both scratch buttons the jog leds turn off on mine aswell so guess it must be a feature like disco mode when pressing the slice and echo on the left deck when turning the unit on

It's a feature. Try putting your VCI close to a bass speaker with a bass heavy tune playing for a clue why
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    It's a feature. Try putting your VCI close to a bass speaker with a bass heavy tune playing for a clue why
    that

i think that's why mapping anything to those buttons cause problems too, as it's an internal firmware/hardware thing

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    ah, gotcha! haven't had the chance to experience that yet. first big sound system i was on was a table suspended from the ceiling to avoid that problem.