modifiers

Thread: modifiers

Tech Wizard

Default modifiers

just quickie about modifiers. im hoping to receive my 100se any day now and will be using the latest midimap from ean. im also hoping to construct my own midifighter-esque controller to use alongside the VCI.

im hoping to have 4 switches on my controller to select 4 banks of controls. ive had a look at the midimapping for the vci and see that all 8 modifiers are in use. does this mean that i will be unable to use my controller as i intended? or have i misunderstood how modifiers are used/work?

thanks!

If all of the modifers are being used then you need to use a program like Bomes Midi Translator instead to handle the preset switching.

Or code it directly into the device.

Tech Guru

actually i think modifier 6 is not really being used, but that is obviously not enough for your plans. from what i can see is that working with modifiers is mind boggelingly difficult to even get the simpliest things done and forget about fancy stuff entirely. really get into bome's.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you have all of Modifier 6 then you can do what you want.

Just set page 1 to m6=0, page 2 to m6=1 and on and on. It's a pain in the ass, but do-able.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall