How do you manage your songs/tracks?

Default How do you manage your songs/tracks?

I am just curious to find out how each of you manage your playlist, type of music you play at the gigs and how do you build a successful playlist.
    Last edited by Skyline; 08-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.

3 steps to manage/choosing your music for the gig.

Step 1: look at where you are playing and the crowd "type" (example: club=dance music)

Step 2: find songs that fit step 1 genre and look at the bpm's and simply listen to the songs and see if they blend well.

Step 3: mix the songs before hand and see how they go.

Hope this helps

This topic has been done to death on this forum. Please use the search function and if you can't find any of the myriad of threads that have covered this, let me know and I'll post them up. As for your question, I use itunes to assemble playlists as I find it more intuitive than Traktor. I then import playlist and tracks into my Traktor library, set beatgrids, load points and sometimes cue points (if the song warrants it). I then LOCK the beat grid.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Is that what he was asking lol oops

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    This topic has been done to death on this forum. Please use the search function and if you can't find any of the myriad of threads that have covered this, let me know and I'll post them up. As for your question, I use itunes to assemble playlists as I find it more intuitive than Traktor. I then import playlist and tracks into my Traktor library, set beatgrids, load points and sometimes cue points (if the song warrants it). I then LOCK the beat grid.
    Well I apologize, I am new so I'm still getting the hang of this forum. Still doesn't hurt though, but I understand where your coming from, can you please close this thread & Link me to them. Thank you.

i have an audio butler... he butles my music....

lol i use re3 to catagorize my music and have a text file i keep around with some of the songs i would like to play during my set in nor particular order as well as the song i want to start out with... its fairly organic...