VCI 400 Overlay Sticker - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Did this ever move forward?

Tech Convert

I have not moved forward with an order from Vestax yet. With a number of mapping versions since the original post, and the eventual self-memorization of the controller itself, I've held off on the order for now.

I still may get it done eventually, mainly for a visual customization. The labels on the sticker overlay, in some cases will need to be less specific though, so that they remain valid past future updates.

Since there is a minimum quantity required, and one user doesn't necessarily need 100 sticker overlays, my next mission is to see if other users of this controller are interested in contributing to the purchase. For example, instead of 1 person paying a few hundred dollars, if a few users would be OK paying $20 each (let's say).

Tech Wizard

Great, thanks so much for the info.
    I'm was thinking of an EGE but the altered functionality isn't really that much use to me. What I'm now wondering is the feasability of powder-coating the top plate and filter knobs and whether it would void my warranty. That said, if the cost of powder-coating is greater than the diff between vanilla and EGE 400 then I may just drop for the EGE and be done. Weird, I just have a some feeling somewhere that the vanilla 400 might serve me better than an EGE... I'm not a huge glitcher, cue-jumper, more like long mixes, dubbed-out freeze delays, filter-mixing and fairly simple loop use. I am fairly happy with some mapping but don't want to spend weeks on it as I don't have the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123