Production soundcard for djing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Production soundcard for djing?

Hey guys,

I've seen much guys using Native Instruments soundcards for djing and stuff and seems really appropriate but in my case, I would like to have a production soundcard also. It's all the same? I've seen some soundcards online that have two inputs and two outputs that are essentially production soundcards but would they work on traktor for example?

The idea is to use a controller and an external mixer (like my vestax vmc-004 if i don't find a buyer for it). I really only need two channels on the external mixer and so... I only need two outputs on the soundcard. I don't really care about inputs.

No. Not all sound cards are created equal.

So with any kind of soundcard I have the outputs available to assign on the traktor is that it? No problem there? Any suggestion on a soundcard by the way? I don't want to pay more than the price of the audio2dj

I use a separate audio interface in the studio mostly as it's a pain to connect/disconnect cables, the S4 audio interface is actually pretty good. For a cheap intro studio startup it would work fine.

Get a Focusrite Saffire Pro, those are cheap, good sound quality and excellent driver support.

If $99 is your budget, that's that. Check out some audio interfaces: http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/compu...io_interfaces/

I personally don't recommend any interface a that price point for production.

Quote Originally Posted by sendoushi View Post
    Hey guys,

I've seen much guys using Native Instruments soundcards for djing and stuff and seems really appropriate but in my case, I would like to have a production soundcard also. It's all the same? I've seen some soundcards online that have two inputs and two outputs that are essentially production soundcards but would they work on traktor for example?

The idea is to use a controller and an external mixer (like my vestax vmc-004 if i don't find a buyer for it). I really only need two channels on the external mixer and so... I only need two outputs on the soundcard. I don't really care about inputs.
    Just make sure there are two stereo outputs. So you would need 4 analog outputs.

Yeah you can use a production soundcard just fine and any half decent production audio interface will do the job. Even Richie Hawtin DJs with a fancy giant 19" rack mount production soundcard (RME fireface).

Only reason I would choose a DJ interface is it is size/layout and it is simpler with RCA outs instead of needing adapter cables, or if you want to use scratch control.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 08-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Focusrite Saffire Pro is way over the price.

I know that isn't the best for production under that price but I would like to be able to get at least an input for my guitar for whenever I feel like it. I don't really see me using in the future but hey... The more the merrier. For example, I have a midi keyboard (akai mpk mini), a good one, new and never used it. Tried to sell but no one wants it but at least I can use it as a controller for anything that as a midi reader.

Quote Originally Posted by sendoushi View Post
    Focusrite Saffire Pro is way over the price.

I know that isn't the best for production under that price but I would like to be able to get at least an input for my guitar for whenever I feel like it. I don't really see me using in the future but hey... The more the merrier. For example, I have a midi keyboard (akai mpk mini), a good one, new and never used it. Tried to sell but no one wants it but at least I can use it as a controller for anything that as a midi reader.
    Yes but then you have something good for the next 5+ years instead of something crappy you want to get rid of soon.

Thanks for all the replies. Still trying to sell my gear and trying to get a soundcard or something.

So here I was wondering... Could I use Behringer XENYX 302 USB and use the Main Output and the Headphones jack to output each channel from traktor?

2nd hand: audio kontrol 1

or

audio komplete 6
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast