These latency threads are flying out of the woodworks recently...
    Tech Convert

Default These latency threads are flying out of the woodworks recently...

I also had extremely bad latency issues, so much so I had to return my EGE.

So lets talk about this? Whats going on?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkoffs View Post
    I also had extremely bad latency issues, so much so I had to return my EGE.

So lets talk about this? Whats going on?
    Seems you didn't experiment with the settings just turned it on and expected magic

with very little tweaking I got mines to 9.3 ms (stable as a brick did an 8 hr shift with it yesterday) the average latency on s4 is 29ms (according to posts on their forum)

in fact only this controller seems to work stable at this latency (lots of my friends have controllers from numark to pioneer and none seem to be usable at such low latency speed (my old soundcard used to be 40ms)

what were you expecting?

I have mine at 10ms. Im good.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

mine's around 14ms and runs fine on windows 7.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

I have mine set to 7ms on a 2011 MBP. Had it set to the absolute lowest and only have a few crackles here and there so i can run at 5 but to play safe i give myself a bit more.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

When you guys talk about latency, are you referring to the figure given in the "Overall" field in Traktor Pro's Audio Setup preferences? Mine says 20ms, is this an acceptable latency for someone who doesn't do much scratching?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    When you guys talk about latency, are you referring to the figure given in the "Overall" field in Traktor Pro's Audio Setup preferences? Mine says 20ms, is this an acceptable latency for someone who doesn't do much scratching?
    20 is fairly high but you should really be fine.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

20 is fine or no scratching and not a whole ton of intricate beat juggling.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yea I never had any problems so far but I thought I should check into it since I hear so much talk about it.

Thanks.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

I thought i heard somewhere the human ear can't tell the difference with a anything lower then 13ms
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d