How do YOU mix songs? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like it long and slow.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Beat repeat, slam the cross fader, take a swig of my PBR, fist pump...

i use a blender

Quote Originally Posted by Orthminius View Post
    How do you like to mix songs most of the time?

Do you like to mix the end of one to the start of the first, no matter the track style? Or,

Do you like to mix one breakdown into the next drop? Or,

Do you mix straight from one chorus into the next, creating a jam-packed mix of energy?

I know that one changes it up a lot, giving the audience/crowd variety, pumping them up, bringing them down, etc. I just want to know you mix songs.
    Once you learn to program, There is no need to mix any longer.
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2

Track 1 : Buildup, drop, breakdown
    Track 2 : Start the track when the 1st track breaksdown, either at the beginning or at the breakdown before the 2nd drop. (choose the best of the 2 drops)

Rise and repeat.

@Dope That's exactly what I do.

Don't forget to keep the list of how to mix like einstein handy beside you. Meanwhile, I'm rocking the F** out
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

How to mix like Einstein? What am I missing out on?

That reminds me, I've always wanted a duo named DJ E & MC Squared.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

House tracks are quite obviously produced so that you have a section to mix over at the start before the tune drops, then you may get a section that you can mix out of for 8 - 16 bars before the main body comes back in and you then may need to wait 2 mins before the main mix out section comes.

I try to be choosy about tunes and find ones that change and keep the interest. There's too many that have good grooves, but they don't go anywhere. Once you've built energy it can be good to mix from an energy section of a tune into an energy section of another, then let it drop down to the mix out section and then start building the energy again. You can obviously keep the mix going longer using the front and end sections.

For me, djing is primarily getting the right tunes and gauging the energy and how long to keep it high before dropping it back and building it back up again; keeping it interesting, not monotonous.

Some of the classic house Dj's like Tony Humphries mostly would play the full length of a track and not mix out early.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast