DJing with controllers, Sync and expectations..... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    The haterz and the vinyl "purists" snobs who think that controllers and dvs systems are ruining the "art" of DJing need to stop driving cars and get horses, stop using electricity, and use candles. Life moves on, technology advances, get with it or get left behind.
    someone sig this.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

^^^^ no kidding!!!!!

something me and itajen came up with during chat ...

Last edited by Eliot Han; 08-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all the comments guys. My friends arent real haters, but moreso seem to be afraid of the whole "sync" thing like you guys have said. In all honesty, they love my mixing, but for them, if they had to pay $900 for a piece of hardware, they would want to use it to its full potential.

For me, I paid for one complete system would I would have gotten for about 75% of one CDJ and while there are tradeoffs between the two, I dont have any regrets about my investment. It feels good to pack up ALL my gear and go from gig to gig and not have to worry about having a posse of 3 to help me.

I find myself using sync sometimes (im still lazy on beatgridding) but only when I feel like mashing up songs and going crazy with some effects, but I dont think I could stand it if I just hit th sync button all night, not much fun imo.

Hopefully with some practice and patience ill be able to put together some technically sounding mixes, now that I am starting to grasp the potential of Traktor. Maybe even pick up a midi fighter for some fun.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    Cant I just use the S4 for a simple two track mix?!
    That's what I'm doing right now and sometimes I use SYNC sometimes I don't

Wish I had cdjs but I don't have that kind of cash money right now

I think cuepoint juggling is the real gem of traktor and a midifighter, it is pretty responsive and adds a lot to a set with out being over bearing. This alone is the real reason to enjoy moving away from analog, everything else is icing on the cake. Traktor's internal mixing still leaves a little to be desired, but is better than any mixer I've ever personally owned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123