DJTT Mix competition - Whos got the balls? - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    This definitely, a DJ mix of length is the way forward, 30mins+ gets a vote from me!

I'm fed up of 10min mashups, mini mixes etc: what the fuck does that tell me about how you'd play in club ffs, in fact I don't even bother listening to a mix a shorter than half an hour.

I don't want to hear how 'cleverly' someone can use MIK to put a few tracks together, add a shitload of FX, mashing buttons faster than they knock one out over Cheryl Cole's (or any other equivilent) 2012 calendar. Proper, full length DJ mix that's what blows up my skirt.. I'm probably just old school, but some little 10 mins mix doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid.

Rant over... any way Mo is King and kicked arse tonight and the Jamaican's showed how the USA's 3 how to sprint (I don't count Gatlin - he's a drug cheat, always will be!).
    +1, anything less than a 30 min mix should not b considered a mix.

Jack Bastard

A mix competition is different to a routine competition imo.

Tech Guru

I love the idea. Would be fun.

How about making this an ongoing feature from quarter to quarter? One quarter we'll do a 30-45 minute mix, the next a 10 minute mashup, the next an original remix with provided stems...

Whos in then?

Tech Wizard

DOWN. But, does it have to be a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ryan View Post
    DOWN. But, does it have to be a video?
    No - Audio only

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I love the idea. Would be fun.

How about making this an ongoing feature from quarter to quarter? One quarter we'll do a 30-45 minute mix, the next a 10 minute mashup, the next an original remix with provided stems...
    Last part would be neat but im pretty sure this is just for mixing.. not remixing.

Is there a problem with just posting links to mixes??? If you need the motivation of a competition, you're probably in this for the wrong reasons.....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    This definitely, a DJ mix of length is the way forward, 30mins+ gets a vote from me!

I'm fed up of 10min mashups, mini mixes etc: what the fuck does that tell me about how you'd play in club ffs, in fact I don't even bother listening to a mix a shorter than half an hour.

I don't want to hear how 'cleverly' someone can use MIK to put a few tracks together, add a shitload of FX, mashing buttons faster than they knock one out over Cheryl Cole's (or any other equivilent) 2012 calendar. Proper, full length DJ mix that's what blows up my skirt.. I'm probably just old school, but some little 10 mins mix doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid.
    Completely agree. I think many DJ's feel they have to be messing with everything constantly.

I actually think the most interesting part is to hear the music that is chosen, as oppose to any 'clever' techniques

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast