Xone k2 low volume in club pa setup problem!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

make sure the djm is set to line on the the channel you have the k2 plugged into. If it's set to phono you will lose about half of your gain levels.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Then you are definitely lying. The DJM900 has full kill gain, turned all the way down the channels with the CDJs would be silent.

Don't bother posting if you're just going to make shit up.
    Now now guys, there's a difference between someone not knowing what they're talking about and deliberately LYING. I think this is probably just a case of the former.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    The output volume (and latency for that matter) of the Contour is incredible, so you should be using that as your main interface anyway.
    I know, that's what I've been doing, until I started experiencing heavy glitches on it. The glitches can be solved by disconnecting the K2. Vice Versa, disconnecting the contour does not solve the volume issue on the contour, however.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Deksel View Post
    I know, that's what I've been doing, until I started experiencing heavy glitches on it. The glitches can be solved by disconnecting the K2. Vice Versa, disconnecting the contour does not solve the volume issue on the contour, however.
    If you're getting glitchy playback it's probably a problem with the ASIO driver of the K2; try disabling/uninstalling it in device manager and just using it as a controller
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

How quiet can it possibly be? I keep my gains around the 9-10 o'clock position for high output devices (NI sound cards, CDJs) - and even lower power devices like phones don't need to be pushed past 12 o'clock.

If you're using the DJM900 you may as well use its built-in interface. It has the lowest latency of any interface I've used so far and allows you to easily record your mix, all without a single audio cable. You can also use any connected turntables or CDJs for Traktor timecode without having to reconnect a thing.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    If you're getting glitchy playback it's probably a problem with the ASIO driver of the K2; try disabling/uninstalling it in device manager and just using it as a controller
    Now that sounds like a good idea! So far, I just uninstalled the ASIO driver, however, that also disabled the midi functionality of the K2. It doesn't seem to run without the ASIO driver. I'll look around in the device manager (hadn't looked there yet) and I'll report back.

Thanks!
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    How quiet can it possibly be? I keep my gains around the 9-10 o'clock position for high output devices (NI sound cards, CDJs) - and even lower power devices like phones don't need to be pushed past 12 o'clock.

If you're using the DJM900 you may as well use its built-in interface. It has the lowest latency of any interface I've used so far and allows you to easily record your mix, all without a single audio cable. You can also use any connected turntables or CDJs for Traktor timecode without having to reconnect a thing.
    The problem is not my home setup: The problem first occured when setting up for a gig. With 15 minutes to go before my gig starts I can't go and set up an entirely new system setup. I figured I had one back-up audio interface in the K2. Plan C were the CDJ's (I always bring cd's), so I went with that.

For my digital setup I don't want to rely on what's in the club, I want to have a reliable setup with me. I thought I had that with the Reloop Contour and the Xone:K2, but for now I'll have to find something else. (my temporary solution is using yet another audio interface, a Traktor Audio 2, which has been working out, but it does n't feel comfortable leaving the issue unsolved.)

Tech Guru

So the K2 interface works fine at home?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    So the K2 interface works fine at home?
    No, same problem, but the low volume is n't such a problem at home. I don't use it, tho, I use the NI audio 2. However, with this issue unresolved this doesn't feel like a stable solution for gigs (also, adding more audio interfaces after 2 audio interfaces had a conflict doesn't seem like a solution).

So I should not buy a K2 then?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast