Xone k2 low volume in club pa setup problem!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

If you have the Audio 10 you don't need to bother with the K2 sound card.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    So I should not buy a K2 then?
    Not if you are looking for an audio interface.
    If you're looking for a smart, versatile, compact controller, you definately should. It's an awesome controller!
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

The audio interface in the K2 is fine, lots of people use it happily. Just because you have problems doesn't mean that everyone does.

Either your have a faulty unit or something else in your setup has gone wrong, either way it's an anomaly and not something people should be basing their buying decision upon.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    The audio interface in the K2 is fine, lots of people use it happily. Just because you have problems doesn't mean that everyone does.

Either your have a faulty unit or something else in your setup has gone wrong, either way it's an anomaly and not something people should be basing their buying decision upon.
    Might be, but the question was whether I would recommend it, and to that my answer is clear.
    By the way, I did not start this thread, there are more threads about this issue, also on the A&H forum: I am by no means the only one experiencing the volume issue.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

The output volume is low, however you are the only person who has an output volume so low that it cannot be corrected by the gain knob, the same way to have to any time you use different audio sources together. Or any vinyl at all. Also, you're the only person experiencing glitches. And according to your previous post it was somehow a lower volume than a completely silent channel...

Somehow I think the problem here is not the K2's interface, but the user.

Tech Guru

I'm pretty sure he's not the only one with output volume unusably low (otherwise there would be no complaints) and he certainly cannot be the only one experiencing glitches.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

I think that anyone who thinks that a low volume is a problem has never mixed with vinyl. It's not a problem. Up until recently it was just another part of DJing that you used your head and one turn of a knob to resolve.

The hardware is perfectly capable of operating without glitching, it is almost certainly a software issue in this case.

Tech Guru

If it's certainly a software problem you should be able to point out exactly what's causing it then?

Repeatedly attacking the wording of a post and saying the problem is non-existant doesn't contribute much to the thread. If the volume was still usable he wouldn't be here asking for help.

Well he's already flat out lied about the situation once and he's ignored it when I call him on it so I find it very hard to believe what he's saying.

A low volume is not a problem. That's what the gain knob on a mixer is for. Low volume hasn't been a problem for decades of DJs, why is it suddenly a problem now? I worry that people don't understand the basics of managing their levels if they can't figure this one out.

Glitching is a problem, for sure, but there's no reason to believe the problem is a hardware fault common to all K2s. More likely this is an unfortunate anomaly.

And no, I cannot magically point out what is wrong with a setup I don't know anything about. In order to narrow it down we need to do some tests, remove/replace/reinstall elements of the system while seeing if the problem persists, the same way you would do when you're trying to debug any system. Key things to try would be different laptops, different software, different drivers, different USB ports, with and without other processes running, etc.

This has certainly escalated

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast