Xone k2 low volume in club pa setup problem!!!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Xone k2 low volume in club pa setup problem!!!

Hi has anyone had problems with the k2 being very quiet on a club pa setup

I've tried it on several rigs etc and it's always quiet

I run a MacBook pro with traktor 2.5 and everything is as it should be

I've bought some new better quality cables that might help but I'm not sure what else to do

Ive asked a n h tech support but they say it's basically my problem as no one else has bought this up as an issue

I've seen a few post here and there with the same problem but no conclusive answers

Thanks anyone for any help

Tech Student

I huv no problem with the sound quality... check ur headroom setting is OFF... Adjust ur sampliing higher...

Tech Convert

hi
    headroom is at 0db so thats ok

where is the sampling part, thats not somthing I have checked

thanks

Tech Student

in Audio set up...

Tech Convert

oh the sampling rate, ok cool, ill give it a go cheers!

I think fiddling around with your settings even more is not gonna make it any louder, and the headroom feature is there for a reason too, it is not a bad thing to use at all. Some soundcards are just not that loud. I have some experience with PA too, you should just use a live mixer and gain it correctly on there. Trying to get your soundcard louder on the software/settings side of things can get you into deep shit in therms of distortion/clipping etc.. And nobody wants that. The only thing i could think of would be to compare your k2 to somebody else's and see if that one really is louder.

And if there is no mixing table available, i don't see why, but anyways you can use a device like this: http://www.htd.com/LGB-1
    Good luck finding a solution
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Tech Convert

I'm going to sit down and solve the thing. It has to be fixable there isn't any reason why it so quiet. Unfortunately no one I know uses a k2 haha

Did you check your traktor gain? I have assigned the traktor gain to a Midi device that's not always used. Sometimes, inexplicably the gain is set to very low is the device is not connected.

Any chance of the output jack ever being abused? Bad contact here may lower the volume without affecting sound quality noticably.

A&H are not the kind of company tou fit bad sound cards in devices.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by boarderbas View Post
    Did you check your traktor gain? I have assigned the traktor gain to a Midi device that's not always used. Sometimes, inexplicably the gain is set to very low is the device is not connected.

Any chance of the output jack ever being abused? Bad contact here may lower the volume without affecting sound quality noticably.

A&H are not the kind of company tou fit bad sound cards in devices.
    hi

sat down and went over it all, fixed it in a sense, basically headroom as 0db, I pushed the master volume up 3/4 of the way on traktor which made it peak in traktor but does not peak on the external mixer which gave me the extra boost, channel gains in traktor were pushed up a little say about less that a quater more

it puts it upto 0db on the xone 92

the card is quiet compared to the ni audio series on the same mixer

either way i have room to up the volume a bit on both traktor gain channels and external mixer

ive ordered some new cables better quality to maybe better the sound

im happy with that

Hate to burst your bubble, but cables are NOT a factor in sound quality. You may feel it sounds better because they look better. Better cable may withstand more abuse than others, but in a dj setup, cables are no factor at all.

Typical input circuitry is 100Kohm impendance. Your worst cable will have a 0,01ohm Impendance. Your cable reduces the signal by a factor 0,0000001%. Audible effects are therfore below -80dB
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast