If you're starting producing and want to give up... bloody dont

Default If you're starting producing and want to give up... bloody dont

I'd dipped into DAWs a bit the last few years, fully submerged myself a few month ago. Produced some bloody awful tracks for a bit while getting to grips with synths, then things started to click together. Wrote my first track, catchy lead, absorbing, sounds good but bloody boring. Then I ended up producing with a local DJ who I'd done artwork (few years older than me) for previously and a guy who was a finalist in a DJ competition. Our track hit 100 downloads and 1000 views on soundcloud (my first major small success(?)) The DJ who I done artwork for moved to greece for the season and I practically locked myself in my bedroom/studio. Next thing I know I was applying for a job at a studio... I got the job, waiting on a start date now.

Don't give up, if your tracks are shitty then you still have that extremely satisfying initial learning curve ahead of you, worth every moment

For me I hope my skill grows and that I end up putting out more (and much better) music

Tech Mentor

That reminded me of a post fo mine

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55335

That video's a great help too! If you shine early on remember how much more you can learn and if you don't, well you've just started, it isn't the easiest of things

The curse of production, or being a musician, is that you can never stop learning, always something new around the corner. Which makes it fascinating. When I got tired of playing guitars at jams, I went to jams with drumsticks instead.

awesome story! Best of luck to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Been DJing since 1988.

Still learning...

Producing since 1992.

Still learning...

Have an open mind, its not a race... just enjoy being creative... and good luck!

great story good luck
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I started producing on an Amiga back in 1993 but got really serious with it around 2002-04 when I had a few tunes out (worked with people like Noisia and the likes of Pendulum were playing our tunes). For me though, in the end, it was a massive waste of my time... I just can't commit to spending HOURS sat in front of Cubase listening to the same 16 bar loop on repeat anymore... I've got a girlfriend, a proper job and two mortgages to pay. Producing is a young mans game, lol.

Shame I guess... but I don't really miss it.

Fair play to you though OP