[Bootleg] Crookers vs Faithless - Day'N'Insomnia (Baptiste Zimmer Booleg)

Default [Bootleg] Crookers vs Faithless - Day'N'Insomnia (Baptiste Zimmer Booleg)

Hey guys!

I just finished a new track: it's a bootleg of the club hit Crookers - Day'N'Nite and the classic Faithless - Insomnia.

You can have a listen directly on my myspace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/baptistezimmer

Or you can dowload the mp3 file from this link :
    Crookers vs Faithless - Day'N'Insomnia (Baptiste Zimmer Bootleg)

I can't wait to know what you guys think!
    Last edited by Peter Willis; 06-15-2009 at 09:59 AM.

big ups man! this mashup is a massive one...i really liked it a lot. the only thing i have to complain about is, that i wished u would have used the faithless track more...but i think this is just because i love this track...keep on mashing bro!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

thanks for the comment man!
    it's true that I favoured the crookers track, because the only part I really liked of insomnia is the breadown that I use at the beginning of the track. It's also the most known moment, and I made this track to try to be a dancefloor killer...
    Tell me how it works in a party if you play it one day!

By the way, I just tried mixing it and I think I'm not quite done with the mastering, so I'll post soon a better sounding version!

oh i think i will be about to play that track on saturday at a house party...i will give some feedback on how the kids will react...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

The vocals on Insomnia at one point of your mashup would definately fit in well.

Although creative people might be confused about the altered rhytmn of Day'n'Nite around 1:20 (and other parts).

Is there another way to do the transition at 2:45? Maybe use a filter to bring Insomnia in.

Besides that really solid work
    I didn't think the track would go along so well with each other.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I've tried to use the insomnia vocal a bit more, but I wasn't happy with the result so I choose to favor the crookers...
    Concerning the altered ryhtm of day n nite, I just wanted to change the track a bit more, and I though this would be fun...

I've just remastered the track a bit, I think it sounds a lot better like this (plus the gain is higher)
    Here is the link : Day'N'Insomnia (Baptiste Zimmer Bootleg)

Do you guys hear a difference?

Anything with insomnia gets a raised eyebrow form me, not familiar with crookers but i like this mashup dude. may even play at our next party will let you know how it goes down
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "